Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FF7 an anime?

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    but there is a ff series that is a anime but not ff7... i would classify monoke as anime in my opinion, but i didn't classify final fantasy the spirits with in cause they didn't look like anime characters, almost real people to me
    Totaly agreed with you. FF can't be include into the anime movie folder cause, all the way, the SquareSoft compagnie have tried to make the game more & more real. So the movie can just be made in order to show to (non player people) where the 3D technologie is.

And since it's the same compagnie (but not the same district) that make the movie and the game, People (the younger one) wil try to play the game in order to satisfied their need for high graphics.... (they are like me ).
    Coming soon.........

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    It will be categorized as a cg movie like all of the disney/pixar and dreamworks cg movies out there.
    I'm quoting myself because people failed to realize what kind of movie this will be. Jaderrabbit, you can classify FF spirits within and FF7 AC as a cg movie. CG means computer generated in case anyone was wondering.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Yup, since it's CG, how can it be catagorized as an anime ??? OOooOoOo but i can't wait for Advent..... O_ooooooooooo
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue
    Yup, since it's CG, how can it be catagorized as an anime ??? OOooOoOo but i can't wait for Advent..... O_ooooooooooo
    That's the whole point, it can not be categorized as anime, it's a CG movie...

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    That's the whole point, it can not be categorized as anime, it's a CG movie...
    Thank you, at least someone here actually listened.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Newbie Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's Japanese Animation, isn't it? I don't see why not.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Kiyone
    It's Japanese Animation, isn't it? I don't see why not.

You can't be serious can you? We've said multiple times
    IT'S A CG MOVIE
    Last edited by False Truth; Jan 02, 2005 at 02:23 AM.

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Right now there are many cel animation "animes" that are actually animated in PCs and graphics workstations to save time (instead of the traditional "shoot-cel-replace-cel" method). One reason they also do this is to preserve the cels for future use, and reusing them in digital format would be faster. In this case, they could very well be defined as CGs because they are graphics processed in a computer! If you guys really want to define the genre, then calling it CG" is not enough...a more specific and exact term would be "textured, animated 3D-polygonal model" (which happens to be what I sometimes work with in my real life job). Even CG is too generic a term.

Personally, I think the only reason why most of you are classifying anime as "anime" is because it's cel-art based...by this I mean they are based off manga, which is basically 2D, drawn, flat-colored, "cartoony" images. But in the future, at the rate that computer technology is progressing, it would be much faster to produce "anime" based off 3D-models and rendered using the cel-shading technique (and in fact some anime production outfits in Japan are already doing this), and one day, the cel-art, "cartoony" look may very well be a part of anime history. Not that I want it to happen though, I do love cel-art anime the way it is now, but it ain't bad to take a peek at what the future holds for this art form.

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast