Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FF7 for PS3

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks

FF7 for PS3

Like almost everyone know, Sony presented the PS3 with a "what Final fantasy 7 would look if it was made for the PS3" THe graphic was almost too much crasy.

Inside me I think that they would make a big hit if they where really making it. I don't know if other think the way I am, But If Playstation get a big demand from the custumer, Maybe they'll give a though.

What do you think.
    Coming soon.........

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: FF7 for PS3

I know this has been discussed here before, but with the console wars starting up anew, this is an interesting topic to bring up again.

Honestly, I just don't know if it will happen. I would love to see it done; I too saw the demo, and I wanted to cry. But I just don't think the Squeenix wants to keep sinking their time and money into FF7. I know that sounds funny, considering what they're doing with the whole FF7 Compilation thing (Dirge of Cerebus, Advent Children, ad so on). But those are at least new products. However, if the 360 proves to be more of a threat than Sony thought, they may tap Squeenix and convinve them to go ahead and do the remake, knowing that millions of FF7 fans will buy a PS3 just because the game would be remade. And, you also have to consider (and here's the conspiracy theory part): why would Squeenix go out of their way to make a PS3 demo of FF7 if they weren't already in the process of making it? Seems to me like they'd want to show something completely new, right?
    In the end, I don't think we'll know until it gets much closer to the PS3 launch date. But it would be one hell of a kicker to the 360 and Revolution, I think.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The question that has to be asked, if you had a choice between a game where you already know the plot and the outcome, vs. a game that is brand new, with graphics just as great, which would you choose???

This is probably the biggest reason why FF7 will not be remade for the PS3. Its going to take as much effort to remake FF7 as it would take to make something completly new...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Good point Len, while I'll admit that the thought of a FF7 redux would be a very enthralling experience, but would take too much effort when instead the team could continue with more installments. Who knows, maybe even make one down the line of such high quality that it makes people forget about 7. It's farfetched, but not impossible.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, that's true. But I know that, like many others out there, I can play FF7 over and over, and never get tired of it. So playing with updated graphics, sound, and all that would just be more of an incentive to keep replaying it. Honestly, I would buy the FF7 remake over a new game, just because I love it that much, and at least I would know what I'm getting in terms of story, gameplay, etc. But I also undertand that many people would prefer new games, and I do agree that this is the biggest factor in keeping it from being remade. Which is why, despite my enthusiasm, I hold no expectations in seeing it remade. Right now, I just hope that if Squeenix chooses to continue the FF franchise on the PS3, that they take the same care and effort into making the new ones as I'm sure they would if they were remaking FF7.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks

Might give all of you credit for those point. But Far from I know, The way that Enix is taking with the FF7 game serie kinda seem to want to enjoy the fan. I mean, FF7 is the (and this is my opinion) greatess game of all the FF serie. Some people that I know refuse to play it or older gameversion just because the graphic are too OLD.

As for the "conspiracy theory part" that you talked FFgirl23, I think this is a good way to understand it but there is another way of interpretation. Maybe this was just made this way to Gatter around the new console the most people possible. Here they could get million of people like me, Loving Final Fantasy, and ready to buy the console only in order to see if it will be done so.

I think we can only hoping to see if they'll fullfill our dream..
    Coming soon.........

Thanks

That's true as well. Althought it would be kind of low for Squeenix to act like they were going to remake the game only so that people would buy the console, then have them say they aren't going to do it, but it probably would be just as effective on boosting sales. Still, it has to be quite tempting for Squeenix to want to remake the game, even knowing how much time and money it would cost. They know that they would make millions on it, and so it has to be in the back of their minds that if sales start slipping from their other games, they could always pull this out.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard it was gonna be FF7-II

but people hear things
    I dont take them too seriously

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast