Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FF7 for PS3

Newbie naska may be famous one day naska may be famous one day naska's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: FF7 for PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Kloud
    If you think about it, what would a sequel be? We already have Advent Children out, I couldn't really see them expanding on the story after the events in the movie

Square-Enix is going to show you what u "can't really see". Dirge of Cerberus for the PS2 follows Vincent's story after Advent Children. And while i agree that FF7 should stay as what it was... i'd buy a remake without thinking twice.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    God Damnit. It's the kind of people that want a FF7 remake, that have turned Square-Enix into a money whoring company. Why can't you ingrates just learn to appreciate FF7 for what it was, a hit classic for the Playstation. Let it stay there. You people don't need to be spoiled by asking for the same game on a different next-gen platform. Better graphics aren't what makes the game people.
    It seems that people who want it to be like this are quite rare here on AO. So far it's only KenX and me...

Otaku alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith's Avatar
    Thanks

it should really stay the way it is but we can not really stop it from happening. any way they said the demo that came out was just a technical demo.
    "The face is the mirror of the mind, and the eyes,without speaking, confess the secrets of the heart." - Saint Jerome

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

well for ppl who hav played the orginal FF VII ... I think the remake wuld be great but they wuld hav to change a few things like say........ change the battle system to the FF X battle system. I really dnt no which battle system is better FF VII or FF X

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    It seems that people who want it to be like this are quite rare here on AO. So far it's only KenX and me...
    I haven't been advocating it much, but I agree with you and KenX, Hassun. Final Fantasy VII kicked ass in its time. Let's leave it at that.

(Of course this doesn't mean that I'm not a little bit interested in seeing FF7 AC...)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    I haven't been advocating it much, but I agree with you and KenX, Hassun. Final Fantasy VII kicked ass in its time. Let's leave it at that.

(Of course this doesn't mean that I'm not a little bit interested in seeing FF7 AC...)
    So narrator and I didn't convince you to watch it early after all?

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    So narrator and I didn't convince you to watch it early after all?
    Nope, haven't bothered seeing it yet. I've kinda lost most of my interest in getting it, but I'd still like to see it sometime.

Newbie SamIam may be famous one day SamIam may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The question that has to be asked, if you had a choice between a game where you already know the plot and the outcome, vs. a game that is brand new, with graphics just as great, which would you choose???

This is probably the biggest reason why FF7 will not be remade for the PS3. Its going to take as much effort to remake FF7 as it would take to make something completly new...

So, why not revitalize the franchise with a "new and improved" FF7 that can cater to both the purists and any newcommer to the game ... either bundle the two games as a promotional ... or put in either a plot device or hidden features to unlock new aspects to the game ...

The established storyline while not perfect, is excellent grounds for further development and refinement ... as opposed to starting from scratch with a total unknown.

Also keep in mind that for future gaming ... excellent graphics will almost be a given ... what separates the mediocre from the great would be the much harder intangibles like story, game play engine, and potential for scaled development in the form of "further adventures ... story arcs or the like ...

A truly successful franchise can be both good and bad ... good in the sense that you have a market leader and cashcow while the product is on top ... bad in that it becomes progressively more difficult to "top" the previous best and that you run the risk of being labeled a "one trick pony".

... but all of that aside, a proven franchise is or can be a great success story as attested to ...

George Lucas with "Star Wars"

Microsoft with "Windows" OS

Apple with "IPOD multimedia"

J.R.R Tolkien with Lord of the Rings (well actually his estate)

... and possibly Square Enix with the FF series

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast