Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 39

Thread: FF7. Tell me why.

  1. #9
    Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharks Territory
    Posts
    4,762
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    People are saying that because FFVII was the first major FF hit in the western world.
    And for a good reason, imho it's not overrated at all.
    I totally agree with Hassun here, while yeah the visuals were blocky it was quite funny too...and for some reason it was the only FF in the series that got so much hype that it brought major attention to squaresoft (then) at least to me

    'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

  2. #10
    Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NOWHERE
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    VII was a game who hit the players hart, his storyline was so good that you wann to play further, and thats going to happen with Advent Children, but without the playing, just watching.

  3. #11
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbuffetking
    I would personally say that FFVII was probably one of the worst Final Fantasies in the series. It's not because it's overhyped either (not to mention that it's also overated). People like it so much because it was the first Final Fantasy (Even though FFIII came out before FFVII. It deserved more hype than FFVII by a mile) to make it big and also because it was one of those RPGs that got others into RPGs.

    I'm not saying that FFVII is a bad game because it definately isn't. I loved the materia system and the customization that it gave your characters but the battle system really wasn't too special. There was also character development lacking in some of the characters. It felt as if some of the characters weren't meant to be in the game. The story feel apart at the end also.
    Ah, I disagree of course but I respect your opinion.
    Which RPG really got to you then? I'm interested in your views...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro
    I totally agree with Hassun here, while yeah the visuals were blocky it was quite funny too...
    Well the vbisuals were kickass for 1997. I acually had no problem with the funny looking characters on the world map/in villages because my eyes bled with joy when you entered battle mode.
    I also like the way the class system was mostly done away with.

  4. #12
    Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    352
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    I totally agree with Hassun here, while yeah the visuals were blocky it was quite funny too...and for some reason it was the only FF in the series that got so much hype that it brought major attention to squaresoft (then) at least to me
    I think the materia system was pretty complicated and the graphics were pretty similar to Wild Arms. (Polygrams, only not deformed.) However, I have to agree with others that the music rocked. Especially during the fight with Sephiroth. And the story was great as well. I would only want squaresoft to update the graphics. There were a few good graphics (for that time) like in shell city (?) where a *certain person died.

    Oh well. Anyone wishes for squaresoft to update the FF7 graphics? It'll be SO great if the graphics were Advent Children standard.

  5. #13
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by esthered
    I think the materia system was pretty complicated and the graphics were pretty similar to Wild Arms. (Polygrams, only not deformed.) However, I have to agree with others that the music rocked. Especially during the fight with Sephiroth. And the story was great as well. I would only want squaresoft to update the graphics. There were a few good graphics (for that time) like in shell city (?) where a *certain person died.

    Oh well. Anyone wishes for squaresoft to update the FF7 graphics? It'll be SO great if the graphics were Advent Children standard.
    Nope, no remake for me. FFVII is a classic and doesn't need an update, it's enough that they are making this whole FFVII project.

  6. #14
    PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    I live in a trashcan
    Posts
    715
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    FF7 back then in graphics was superior to that time period...though i dont want it to revamp the graphics cuz i like it that way, i mean, i guess u could say its sorta like a classic of the past....though..not so classy as it may seem =P...i loved the story line, how it had exellent chars and all their abilities. All the different materia and the materia system was extremely incredible, all the different things that u could do..Also FF7 had most all of the original summons as well..with a couple added ones such as Hades and Kajata (i think thats how u spell it >.<). I liked how u had to gain levels on the materia to learn the more powerful ones and then after mastery the materia creates another of itself for you =D..Id say its truely the best FF in the series as of right now

  7. #15
    Newbie Darlos may be famous one day Darlos may be famous one day Darlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NC State University
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Everyone and their cousin have played FF7. The room mate I had my freshman year here at college played it and loved it, and he, when he wasn't out partying or doing sports-like things, generally played sports games and such. Not the type you'd expect to play games like that. But, he did. Almost everyone has played FF7.

    Now you can argue all day long whether or not FF7 is the best RPG of all time. But there is one thing you can say about it that is undeniable: it is the GREATEST RPG of all time. Maybe some of you understand what I mean right away, but I'll explain. I define something as "Great" not when it's necissarily superior in quality to everything else in its class ever, but when everyone knows about it and appreciates it on some level, giving it a special place in history. FF7 has definitly done this. No RPG carries quite as much a following. Not even greats like Chrono Trigger, which is a game I love maybe even more than FF7. But I'll still admit that FF7 is definilty greater.

    As for full modern 3D remakes, I think FF7 definitly deserves one. It'd be unfathomably awesome to see the game with the highest quality pre-rendered backgrounds (like the Onimusha games) and incredibly well rendered and correctly proportioned characters. I'm not sure on the voice acting front, though. Also, I'd like to say FF6 probably deserves the same treatment, just because it was probably an equally innovative RPG that finally broke the "four crystals" mold, had an interesting magic/technology world, and had an magic system that wasn't far from Materia. I can definilty see how the train of thought behind FF6 lead up to FF7. If FF7 is overrated, I think FF6 is underrated.
    Hurting feelings everywhere!

  8. #16
    Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    352
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    *runs to replay FF7*

    I agree. Even though FF7 was a classic, I still think it's just the graphics that should be a little altered. Maybe not too much. Especially the part where Cloud puts *ahem* into the water for burial. That was, perhaps one of the parts of the game that deserves a good graphic remake. Of course, nothing else should change. Especially the great music.

    In case all of you are thinking I hate FF7, I don't. In fact, I love that game. :]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts