Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: FF7. Tell me why.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Which RPG really got to you then? I'm interested in your views...
    Actually the first RPG that I remembered ever playing was Super Mario RPG. That was probably the game that got me into RPGs I remember playing that game for hours on end.

FFVII never really did much for me. I didn't feel emotional during any part of the game at all. Not even that certain part with a certain character. It happened so early that it didn't feel as if the character was around along enough to feel sorrow for.

I think that the first RPG that really tapped into my emotional realms was Final Fantasy Tactics. Now most of you that have played FFT would agree that the story was hella hard to put together. It turned off many since the story wasn't as straight-forward as FF7's. In FFT you had to put all the bits and peices together in order to fully enjoy the story as well as playing through the game multiple times. Once you do understand it, you find Ramza's quest to expose the Church of it's deeds to be incredibly deep and emotional. Even though Ramza found himself titled as a heretic and the fact that there were going to be many against and out to kill him he still continued his journey. He really didn't care if there was no one else by his side. He also found himself getting betrayed by multiple people (including his own siblings). I was generally moved throughout the whole game.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbuffetking
    I think that the first RPG that really tapped into my emotional realms was Final Fantasy Tactics. Now most of you that have played FFT would agree that the story was hella hard to put together. It turned off many since the story wasn't as straight-forward as FF7's. In FFT you had to put all the bits and peices together in order to fully enjoy the story as well as playing through the game multiple times. Once you do understand it, you find Ramza's quest to expose the Church of it's deeds to be incredibly deep and emotional. Even though Ramza found himself titled as a heretic and the fact that there were going to be many against and out to kill him he still continued his journey. He really didn't care if there was no one else by his side. He also found himself getting betrayed by multiple people (including his own siblings). I was generally moved throughout the whole game.
    Hmm, that's the thing with RPGs, even if the gameplay is rock solid and fun you still won't really like it if the story doesn't interest you...

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbuffetking
    Actually the first RPG that I remembered ever playing was Super Mario RPG. That was probably the game that got me into RPGs I remember playing that game for hours on end.

FFVII never really did much for me. I didn't feel emotional during any part of the game at all. Not even that certain part with a certain character. It happened so early that it didn't feel as if the character was around along enough to feel sorrow for.

I guess I understand how you feel 'cos she didn't really have much of a bond with Cloud and the whole game anyway. SIGH. She just wants to save the world~ Haha. Don't mind me. I've never played FFT though. What's it about? :S

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    so....many...quotes...anyhoo i think ff7 was a classic storyline and couldve been better with better graphics and after advent theyre doin jus that makin a new one with better graphics which is a good thing but everyone is jus gunna say thats its not as good as the original just cos its new oh well

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyx
    so....many...quotes...anyhoo i think ff7 was a classic storyline and couldve been better with better graphics and after advent theyre doin jus that makin a new one with better graphics which is a good thing but everyone is jus gunna say thats its not as good as the original just cos its new oh well
    Define your meaning of 'classic' storyline? I mean, what's the whole deal with 'classic' anyway? Hmmm... :]

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I dunno it jus stands out as a really good story line whereas other games now are all startin to have a story that are quit alot of the time just boring and predictable wheras to me ff7 didnt dull down the story lines to make it more easier to understand and it didnt keep repeatin itself like i am now so im endin this post now by sayin that to me it was just a really good storyline and that classic is just a way of saying somthing old is kool lol.

Thanks
    hmmm. Yeah I get what you mean! I realize a lot of games take over storylines so stereotypicially... like the whole saving the world thing. FF7 had a twist in it, like Cloud finding his true self. :] Which leads me to a new thread.... Wondering if I should put it up. Hmm. Oh well. Thanks for your opinion. It certainly has got me thinking.

Newbie Berserk may be famous one day Berserk may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ya ff 7 was an awesome game and the best rpg i ever played and the only one i played through more then one time.I played that one 3 time in 3 year with more then 100 hour of playtime each time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast