Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting 4 Life

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Fighting 4 Life

*ahem*
    Wow, my very first thread... Let's not mess this up! Straight to the point!

Okay...
    I've studied under the martial arts briefly physically under a handful of masters. I've gotten into a lot of fights when I was a child. I was also beat up a lot. Nowadays, I teach martial arts, and learn better to perfect it through teaching.

So...
    What I've noticed during my trainings and meditations... is that the way people tend to fight, reflects who they are in life. The way a blow is taken, the way move is countered, the way their body flows with the wind, the way a body reacts to previous comments, everything... it all seems to show who they are in life.

Example...
    Swiftness, the way one shows confidence in a quick strike. Or how one clears one's mind before every move almost instantaneously. Or even how one shows fear in quick reactions of retaliation...

... in confidence, it shows a person quick to action, yet that person "knows" how it will end. When one clears one's mind, one seperates themselves from other thoughts often in dire situations or in complete insecurity in one's own skill. When one shows fear and panic, that one usually shows no confidence in life or just plain quick situations that don't go with their usual beat.

This of course, also shows in one's fighting, even when he/she has never fought in his life or ever watched one in his/her life.

Do you agree, disagree?
    Are you surprised, do you think it's obvious?
    Has someone taught this before?
    Have you noticed anything else in fighting?

...I welcome anyone to comment on this, even those not skilled in martial arts...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fighting 4 Life

i'm the first one to post!!! ywwwwwaaahhhhhh!!!

anyway... i do agree... especially with the way i fight...

i'm not skilled.... or confident.... or even that brave...

but i have a strong will!!! i may cry like a pussy cat but i'm going to stick it out until the end!!!! you may be faster, stronger, smarter, whatever!!!! i don't care cuz i'll keeping standing and taking whatever you can give you punk ass little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ......

::breathes::

^^;;; sorry... i'm insecure and easily intimidated, thusly i don't attack very much/well and i have a tendency to run if the other person shows more skill.... but i can take a stand... i may be crying.... but i'm still standing!!!

but yeah... ^_^ GREAT THREAD DARLING!!!!
    Last edited by Abu Dhabi; Feb 18, 2006 at 03:29 PM.

Newbie itachi8456 may be famous one day itachi8456 may be famous one day itachi8456's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree with that 100% you have alot of wisdom

i think people that say they know how to fight from just watching people fight and say they have mastered the technique or skill from just watching are morons like some people at school say they can fight and act all bad and they get there a$$es kicked the next day

p.s. like fifty people got jumped that way by me my friends and my friends friends
    Last edited by itachi8456; Feb 18, 2006 at 03:32 PM.

Otaku jeilee may be famous one day jeilee may be famous one day jeilee's Avatar
    you have to deal with the grim before finding it
    Thanks

i can say only one thing....fighting is not for fun...
    it's to protect someone you care for

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with you Soshi, but this analysis can be applied to many other situations, I think this happens mainly when someone puts forth their spirit or their heart into it. When you spar, you do so with all your might, with all of your heart and soul. I have seen this happen as well though not through fighting, when I was rowing, we were trained to take alot of punishment, we were told that we needed to push our limits, and when that happened I began to realize that when somebody does a action with their spirit or their soul into it, you see the true person come out.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah but now fighting has lost all enjoyment. Now we could just bomb or shoot at our enemies like cowards.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

i completely agree

but the thing is that i'm a really shy guy, but i never get scared or backdown from a fight. and when i play sports (medium contact) i put myself in the most dangerous places with out a second thought. and the reason y i don't have fear is that i don't think about how big he is but how i could restrain him and it also helps to be always taller than they are hehe.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

ah, but that type of fighting is not meant to be enjoyed, its meant to kill efficiently and quickly. It is the natural progression of things, things will always progress to a state of efficiency, its the way things are.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast