Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fighting 4 Life

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fighting 4 Life

hand to hand combat is the most honerable way to fight.Then again fighting is not right, but some times your have to do what you have to do in this world!I think an experince fighter fights like the one that has show them.As for me i'm not that experinced but i can still fight.Some day there my come a time when all people must fight or be forced to do what they don't want to an that day is almost here and that is why i belive it is ok to learn how to fight even tho it is wrong.

Code Name Wind

Newbie somechick_73 may be famous one day somechick_73 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I have to agree with you. I think you're right. You can tell who I person is by how they fight. I myself, would defend my honor. I'm not the one to pick the fight, but if I have to fight I will. I've been in situations where I've just walked away to avoid fighting, and turned back to make sure they weren't coming for a sneak attack. I guess I was a little afraid, but more or less just didn't want to have to fight when theres never a reason to fight, especially over a misunderstanding.

The thing you need to know about martial arts is that it's a skill. It's not something everyone can do, a lot of people would fail. Sure you can learn it, but only those with heart in it can learn it well. It's not about fighting. It's about being one with yourself and nature. But if you must fight, fight to win.

Otaku Lynk may be famous one day Lynk may be famous one day Lynk's Avatar
    Thanks

Fighting may not be right, but it is human nature, Lighting Count. Thats why history is based around when a war happened and not much else.

I believe that even if you learn from someone else how to fight, you will eventually, and that eventually is really quick, form your own fighting method because the standard moves of someone else doesn't flow well with you so you modify them to your liking and your ways and integrate other styles into your own technique.
    92% of teens moved on to rap music.If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

::Soshi Kitai says::

First, i'd like to thank all of you for posting on this, in actuality, i didn't think anyone would post. ANd also, i agree that martial arts was not meant for fighting, i merely stated that as a general statement to make sure no one was intimidated to post.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    I agree with you Soshi, but this analysis can be applied to many other situations, I think this happens mainly when someone puts forth their spirit or their heart into it. When you spar, you do so with all your might, with all of your heart and soul. I have seen this happen as well though not through fighting, when I was rowing, we were trained to take alot of punishment, we were told that we needed to push our limits, and when that happened I began to realize that when somebody does a action with their spirit or their soul into it, you see the true person come out.

Second, as a reply to your post, as i have found out even if one's heart is not into it it shows well. As i've said before, even non-expirienced people show who they are when they fight. Indeed, it could be put into several situations but for me, i find it easier to see it in their fighting style. A total ditz of a girl who says she is pasifist and refuses to fight and only complains... she is fighting, with words.... but still fighting.

I understand that most of you agree with me yet not agree with me in your own way. However, please understand that i made a general statement, not specifying in any reason or situation. So i have no idea how your disagreements corolate with what i said. Rather, you should say it as a note to add, rather than a disagreement. I merely stated that if you should disagree with what i have found out, then you should disagree... nothing more.

As for you, dude101, i don't believe that your shyness and how you react to a dangerous situation oppose one another, in fact, they rather compliment each other if you were to look deeper into yourself.

Once again, i will state that how you fight shows WHO you are not WHAT you show... at least, this is how i best see it.

(AD into the mix).... ^_^ YAY DARLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not that the glass is half empty or half full. Instead, the question is why isn't the glass the right size to hold the amount of water it's got?

So in other words martial arts is neither fromed because of our fighting nature or to protect someone but because to teach us about the basic principles about life and to learn more about ourselves. But still why some people fight for offensive reasons?

And if anyone does not get me you're not to blame XP

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip
    It's not that the glass is half empty or half full. Instead, the question is why isn't the glass the right size to hold the amount of water it's got?

So in other words martial arts is neither fromed because of our fighting nature or to protect someone but because to teach us about the basic principles about life and to learn more about ourselves. But still why some people fight for offensive reasons?

And if anyone does not get me you're not to blame XP
    ::SK says::

................................... so.... is..... that an...... agreement? o_O

(AD in the mix)

O_o

anyway... being brave is hard... being brave is really very hard... especially when you're a girl... who is comprised of soft things...

and likes to eat soft things... such as soup... and tender foods...

but... i don't want to be like that... i want to be brave... i want to find who i am...

in both my body and my art...
    Last edited by Abu Dhabi; Feb 19, 2006 at 12:19 AM.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree, but i dont thing fighting really brings out some one's life, but their personality or what they want to be.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96
    i agree, but i dont thing fighting really brings out some one's life, but their personality or what they want to be.
    Everyone is everyone. Someone is always everyone as well.
    Every person has every trait another has, it depends on how strong each specific trait is, according to how they show.

If one wishes to be someone, it shows a dissatisfaction in one's own ability in being that person. NOT that they AREN'T that person.

... it isn't just present or past, it is also future that it explains.

Time shouldn't be a factor, however... at least, that's what I believe.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast