Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FINAL FANTASY: is it getting better or worse??

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks

FINAL FANTASY: is it getting better or worse??

i think it has gone waaaaay downhill i mean all the guys look like total sissies theres hardly any gameplay its basically just your standard beat em up game which is horrible i mean back in the day final fantasy 1-8 where the best and it was relatively hard to beat them and you still wanted to play after you beat em now a days im just like well i beat and i sell it becuase it really wasnt that good i know that practically anything square enix does is almost an INSTANT classic but im not to sure anymore i mean its just completely thoughtless to play the game theres no stradegy just lvl up and beat em up well thats my opinion now i want to see some of yours...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe it's getting better. You just need to remember it's not the same people on each game. They have several development teams so there is less time between releases. As a result different games have different feels. If you prefer the feel of one over the other just wait until the next game by that development team is released.

As for their not being strategy and all you do is level up, I believe there is more strategy. In the early ones all you did was run around trigger events and get into battle after battle after battle just to level up. Now you try and set up combinations in your battle screens that will beat your opponent quickly. Personally I feel it's an improvement and requires a lot more thought.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm probably the only one with this opinion but oh well.....i think that X was the last good Final Fantasy title (the gameboy releases and Crystal Chronicles were great tho) that was released on psx2. I've noticed in decrease of quality ever since....the stories and overall atmosphere of the last 2 titles didnt grab me as hard as say.... FF7 or FF9

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer
    i think it has gone waaaaay downhill i mean all the guys look like total sissies theres hardly any gameplay its basically just your standard beat em up game which is horrible i mean back in the day final fantasy 1-8 where the best and it was relatively hard to beat them and you still wanted to play after you beat em now a days im just like well i beat and i sell it becuase it really wasnt that good i know that practically anything square enix does is almost an INSTANT classic but im not to sure anymore i mean its just completely thoughtless to play the game theres no stradegy just lvl up and beat em up well thats my opinion now i want to see some of yours...
    Number one, you need some periods man.

Number two, Final Fantasy isn't a beat em up nowadays, it's the same as before in terms of gameplay. Make sure you actually play the game before falsely accusing it of something it's not. And also, Final Fantasy is just as difficult as it was before. If you've faced Sin in FFX, you should know what I mean. I'm not sure what game you played that you described(maybe Star Ocean?), but it definitely isn't any Final fantasy game.

To me, Final Fantasy seems to be deteriorating in the story aspect. I seem to see similar things, and new stories(FFX-2) that weren't as good as their predecessors. FF12 will hopefully have something interesting, being made by a different team, making the game have a darker story.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Thanks
    actually i beat final fantasy x in 1 week and no i didnt play it all the time i have a life lol but it was really easy for me to do and sin was really really easy for me i mean jecht was kind of hard but for the most part he was easy and anima was easy seymour was easy sin was easy the entire game so soo EASY it made me sad to be a final fantasy fan and no im not falsely accusing square enix of anything i mean i have played all of them recently the only one i didnt play was final fantasy 11 i believe you know the online one im not saying the games are more fun im just saying that the games need more... need more umphh and they need to stop making the guy characters look like a bunch off sissies.

Thanks
    sry im not good at periods (waste of time)

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    It doesn't matter how the men look mazer, what matters is story and presence. The thing that made FFX so good was the use of voices and the graphics of PS2. Sin can be hard, but it depends on what weapon you received or what level you made it to. And if you really played them all, where the heck did you get beat-em-up from. The only games that fit that bill are Streets of Rage anf Final fight, and they are over 10 years old.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think the FF games are fun to play and do require some thinking. For example in FFX, you can level your character to heart desire, you didnt have to necessarily follow the designated path for eacjc cahracter. THe story for each FF game is what made them great.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast