Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FINAL FANTASY: is it getting better or worse??

Newbie Sakura may be famous one day Sakura may be famous one day
    Thanks

Cool

I personally loved ffx in all aspects, so don't be hating. D:

I don't see how they could really be getting -worse-... >_> they know what things work so far as gameplay goes, and theres an endless amount of storylines they could try. Plus graphics which are a key thing for me are getting better, of course. u_u;;

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    OKAY.... FF is getting BETTER, BETTER, BETTER. Of course, playing every FF game to ever be made, that's my opinion. I gotta represent ^_^;
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Newbie pookie9 may be famous one day pookie9 may be famous one day pookie9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, I found every Final Fantasy game easy to some extent, with the exception of how tedious the NES games were, but they were NES so it matters not. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's hard to understand yours without the periods to make your post flow better. The only thing I disliked about Final Fantasy X, was not as you described "sissy" characters, but rather the lack of distinction in each. By this I mean that every character in the end can end up relatively the same, except for their Overdrives. Of course if I say this than Final Fantasy VIII has the same problem, and to some extent Final Fantasy VII, but you'd literally have to spend hours getting the stat-boost items, which I didn't. Some people complain about the lack of originality in games, some complain about the new ideas in some, others are just neutral, and hopefully Final Fantasy XII will deliver. My favourite Final Fantasy games were V and then VII.

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    The graphics are getting better, but the story line is a little bit Americanized...FFX-2 is a good exemple of that. Well, we'll see when FF 12 comes out.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kira
    The graphics are getting better, but the story line is a little bit Americanized...FFX-2 is a good exemple of that. Well, we'll see when FF 12 comes out.
    Not Americanized, Hawiianized (is there such a word?). I understand the programmers or something live there now. There is a big difference in the cultures. I'm not saying Hawiians aren't Americans only that they have their own unique culture all their own.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer
    sry im not good at periods (waste of time)
    I consider that to be a slap in the face to those of us who actually spend time on stuff like GRAMMER.

Anyway, to reply to your earlier post, about FF1-8, what was that about 8? That it was hard? Y'know, I outline time and time AGAIN how to be a god in the first few minutes of the game. It's really not hard. If ya wanna find out, dig out the FF thread in the game section about "favorite FF game".

Also, yeah, the final boss of FFX was incredibly easy. I mean, you could Doom it for 3 turns... :Thumbd: That just disappointed me.

FFX-2 just made me think about how much money I wasted on it :Thumbd:
    I personally think you can't really consider FFXI to be representative of the series, because it was sort of a departure.

FFXII looks to be really fun, AND there's all the extra FFVII stuff they're coming out with. I know some people whine about how they're milking the series, but c'mon now! Square(enix) has given us stories with original games for... what has it been? Over a decade? Anyway, I think it's good that they decide to expand what I thought was the best FF game EVER.

I DO believe they have been milking 1 & 2 a little with Dawn of Souls. Yes, they added stuff, but it's basically the same game(s).

Crystal Chronicle was awesome, and multi was just incredible.

The "Adventures" on GB(C? A?) I prefer to believe they didn't exist. Same goes for "Spirits Within".

Hey, 9 was fun, but a little tedious.

Tactics (and Advance) were crazy. I played each for about 50-70 hours, apiece. Those jobs....

Nothing wrong with the music on any of them, either. I actually bought some of the music

Personally, I think FFXII will be outshadowed by what is quickly becoming a crazy series: XENOSAGA. Episode II: Jenseits von Gute und Bose (stupid umlaught) has me ready to jump into a car and (even though I'm only 15) drive to the nearest retailer on February.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    I consider that to be a slap in the face to those of us who actually spend time on stuff like GRAMMER.
    Heh, it's spelled Grammar. G-R-A-M-M-A-R. With an A. Not an E.

Anyways, I think that the quality of games has fluctuated over time. I mean, my favorite Final Fantasy game is still Final Fantasy Tactics, which came out in '97. I have played each FF game released since then (with the exception of FFX-2, which I thought to be a shameless load of crap.) I did like FF9 and FF7, and I enjoyed FF10 although there wasn't a lot of diversity between characters. I am really not looking forward to FFXII, just because of the fact that they switched to a .hack-based combat system instead of the original turn-based system that I cherish and adore.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't think that the Final Fantasy series is getting better or worse. I think it's more along the lines of evolving. IMO if every Final Fantasy played like the previous one the series would get boring really, really quick.
    Too cool for a sig.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast