Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: FINAL FANTASY: is it getting better or worse??

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    ya but was that better or worse???

honostly would you rather have a game that plays good? Or a game that LOOKS good, kind of like on ps2 The Bouncer, they were just showing how good the graphics can be throughout the whole game it wasnt really that fun, it had its moments but for the most part, and they even admitted to this " it was just to show off how good the graphics CAN be" one review i read on it

and a game that plays good lets say other than final fantasy 1-8

how about...

ALL of the zeldas up to The Ocarina of Time like on super nintendo and gb color
    they didnt look that good but man they were the shit to play

think about it man whats better graphics or gameplay?

and i understand you can have both but aside from MOST of final fantasy 10 they have failed to do that..

I just HOPE that they do good with final fantasy 12

but until then i am yet to be convinced
    Last edited by Mazer; Feb 15, 2005 at 07:11 AM.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    IMO worse Because Final Fantasy X-2 really didn't have the same Game play as FFVII or FFX

Newbie thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem's Avatar
    Thanks
    In my opinion Square topped itself with 9. It was an interesting plot, origional character designs (for Square), the soundtrack was beautiful, and the gameplay was fun. I liked the ringmaster mouse that popped up sometimes to quiz you on little details (even though I lost half the time) it was a neat twist. Plus, the graphics were the best I've seen so far (minus the Advent Children trailers-but that's a movie not a game), even if they were styalized, everything was very detailed and flowed together really well.

I didn't like seven for a number of reasons I don't have the time to go into. 8 was....stressful. It tried to hard to be so serious, and it kept draggging on and on and on and on....I didn't enjoy playing it. I hear the plot in 10 was really quite intricate, but I never did finish playing it (I had to give it back-drat you Spencer!) and the graphics weren't as smooth as they were in 9.

I haven't played 10-2, nor do I ever intend to. There are very few cases in which I condone sequals, this is not one of them. Nor have i had the time or energy to play 11, though I do hear good things about it occasionally.

9 stole me though. It was...I don't know how to describe it. It was endering.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Final Fantasy I believe is getting better, I enjoy the new twists and the new storylines that the designers come up with and consider this, how many NEW gameplay details have been seen in final fantasies past 7, almost every single new game has a new gameplay element, so FINAL FANTASY IS NOT LACKING IN GAMEPLAY, however I also see a new trend of making stories that seem to project a motif of water and sun, don't believe me, X-2 was more of a fun and happy atmosphere about having fun, and 12 is taking a new direction towards islands and water, FF-X was about islands as well, also the main characters are both up-beat and both are beach blonde. Kinda crazy, very different from the gritty and dark world of FF7

I enjoyed X-2, I thought it was a cool and interesting concept. I enjoyed playing the game in a light hearted view, it was nice when it wasn't always about the world ending or the planet blowing up.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

if BS ever had a face it was this guys soopermuse may be famous one day soopermuse may be famous one day soopermuse's Avatar
    Thanks
    ill answer that in a confusin no answer way, the series itself is good but if they continue to make sequels like ffx-2 etc it will become unpopular, i mean im ann ff freak but x-2 sucked, dirge of cerberus seems okay but if the keep makin -2 sequels it will become a load crap

Newbie Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, In my opinion, the game's have really dropped since Seven. Eight had nice ideas, but the execution of the game entirely was poor. Nine was just way too easy, and the storyline were rather dry, as was the casewith it's successors, X and X-2. Though, It's weird. They have made other good games as a company, such as FFTA, or Star Ocean 3, which I enjoyed thoroughly. Still, It was all about 5-7, but this is all my opinion.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer
    i think it has gone waaaaay downhill i mean all the guys look like total sissies theres hardly any gameplay its basically just your standard beat em up game which is horrible i mean back in the day final fantasy 1-8 where the best and it was relatively hard to beat them and you still wanted to play after you beat em now a days im just like well i beat and i sell it becuase it really wasnt that good i know that practically anything square enix does is almost an INSTANT classic but im not to sure anymore i mean its just completely thoughtless to play the game theres no stradegy just lvl up and beat em up well thats my opinion now i want to see some of yours...
    Yes...i do agree with you on some parts...though i dont think that downhill would describe the characters that much..atleast on that part..i do agree however...that the final fantasies after VIII were relatively easy to beat compared to all the old final fantasies such as FFII, III, V...those are probably the most hardest ones to beat....and i still havent beaten V yet...it seems that V is the most challenging one yet...even with all the ultimate weapons..its almost impossible to beat unless you master all the jobs...which is like....20..maybe 30 different ones that u have to master...man...though it never gets old ...but i agree that X was way too easy to beat...what with the gaining levels and all that stuff may seem confusing at first..but when u finally understand how the sphere works...you pretty much master the entire game in one little feat...in FFIX...i think that the bosses lose so much is cuz they somehow make repeated mistakes on their moves...which in turns gives you an upper hand and go for the kill...though i never was able to kill this one thing on the Chocobo Floating Island thingy...i think its name was called OZMA or something like that..but neway..it was this giant floating ball with a bunch of mixed colors....man i could never beat that thing...though i did beat the game...was really easy...first try and beat the thing without having to cure >.<

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    IMO worse Because Final Fantasy X-2 really didn't have the same Game play as FFVII or FFX
    Yeah... playing FFX-2 was like having somebody rape your brain through your ear. Not exactly fun.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast