Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: FINAL FANTASY: is it getting better or worse??

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Yeah... playing FFX-2 was like having somebody rape your brain through your ear. Not exactly fun.
    WHAT?????!!! through your ear lmao gross

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    Final Fantasy I believe is getting better, I enjoy the new twists and the new storylines that the designers come up with and consider this, how many NEW gameplay details have been seen in final fantasies past 7, almost every single new game has a new gameplay element, so FINAL FANTASY IS NOT LACKING IN GAMEPLAY, however I also see a new trend of making stories that seem to project a motif of water and sun, don't believe me, X-2 was more of a fun and happy atmosphere about having fun, and 12 is taking a new direction towards islands and water, FF-X was about islands as well, also the main characters are both up-beat and both are beach blonde. Kinda crazy, very different from the gritty and dark world of FF7

I enjoyed X-2, I thought it was a cool and interesting concept. I enjoyed playing the game in a light hearted view, it was nice when it wasn't always about the world ending or the planet blowing up.

How can you say that when in at least ff10, im not sure about the others you dont even get to really travel on the world map, you take a boat or a ship most of the time. Thats not GAMEPLAY!! you have to find a boat or find a ship or wait until something happens by triggering the right events, THATS GAMEPLAY. In ff10 all i did was sit there getting crap experiance becuase for the first half of the game you dont even get to travel on the world map, you get to travel on like i dont know freakin' sections of the outside of town. It wasnt that fun to begin with
    and i mean in ff7 you had to walk ON FOOT from one half of the world to the other.
    That is what I like about most of the final fantasys its completely played by the person whos playing the game you had to FIND everything or trigger the right events, like in final fantasy 1 you had to beat garland to have them fix bridge, and beat some pirate to get a boat and stuff like that. Trust me the new final fantasies are becoming just like almost any other game, but there still good no one is arguing about how BAD the games getting its just how the games changed.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    well, I can see that but if you kept doing that type of gameplay over and over again, it will get very boring and we would have a thread about how much this final fantasy sucks because it rehashes the same old gameplay as every other final fantasy. You just have to try new concepts to keep people interested, otherwise it will the same old thing all over again. Traveling the world map is something you have always done, if you kept doing that for X, X-2, XII, and when it comes out XIII, then you would have a thread that talks about how much traveling the world is a hassle and such.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks
    dude who really freaking cares about how much you spend on the world map its experiance and nobodies gonna think that final fantasy sucks becuase of that so stop telling me that that would turn the game into crap becuase you know as much as anyone else it wouldnt.

Otaku Haruka X may be famous one day Haruka X may be famous one day Haruka X's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've played VII and VIII and I think they're the best FF games on PS1, but when I played X..I thought FF was getting better but after playing X-2, (which was a big disappointment to me,) I thought that FF was getting worse. I've read all the posts in this thread and I'm thinking, if this was a poll..it'd be 50/50(better/worse). It made me realize that it depends on people's taste in games. Some people loved FFX-2, some hated it..That shows us that we have different tastes in storylines, graphics..etc. But my opinion...FF is getting worse. Although, I'm still looking foward to playing FF12. I'm hoping that it'd be better than X-2, of course.

Newbie sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland's Avatar
    i'm a girl, I live in toronto ontario canada and no its not always cold up here.
    Thanks
    ff is totally getting better and better. they have the best animation. i cant wait for advent children the ff 7 movie. and i am totally getting ff 12.

Thanks
    yeah... i cant believe how many people have diff opinions but hey thats the world and what would we do without "choice"

Newbie splitpeasoup may be famous one day splitpeasoup may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't think they've gotten better or worse. I've played 7, 8, 9, 10, and 10-2 and I think though I liked each one for different reasons, they were all good.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast