Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: FINAL FANTASY: is it getting better or worse??

Newbie thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruka X
    I've played VII and VIII and I think they're the best FF games on PS1, but when I played X..I thought FF was getting better but after playing X-2, (which was a big disappointment to me,) I thought that FF was getting worse. I've read all the posts in this thread and I'm thinking, if this was a poll..it'd be 50/50(better/worse). It made me realize that it depends on people's taste in games. Some people loved FFX-2, some hated it..That shows us that we have different tastes in storylines, graphics..etc. But my opinion...FF is getting worse. Although, I'm still looking foward to playing FF12. I'm hoping that it'd be better than X-2, of course.

Your right, I hadn't thought about people's taste in games. I liked nine because it was light and cute while still being kinda interesting. (And it had Kuja )

But a friend of mine loved eight because it was challenging (I don't actually know anyone who's played 1-5, so don't ping me for not bringing them up... )
    Another friend's brother loved ten for the sphere grid, and my da' hates FF because the battles are on a turn system.

So yeah, I guess it really does depend on taste. I didn't know they were making a 12, though, what's it about?

Newbie Jr. rubedo may be famous one day Jr. rubedo may be famous one day Jr. rubedo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer
    i think it has gone waaaaay downhill i mean all the guys look like total sissies theres hardly any gameplay its basically just your standard beat em up game which is horrible i mean back in the day final fantasy 1-8 where the best and it was relatively hard to beat them and you still wanted to play after you beat em now a days im just like well i beat and i sell it becuase it really wasnt that good i know that practically anything square enix does is almost an INSTANT classic but im not to sure anymore i mean its just completely thoughtless to play the game theres no stradegy just lvl up and beat em up well thats my opinion now i want to see some of yours...
    your expectations towards the game just too high. when it doesnt satisfy what u want u downgrade the game.
    game developer are trying very hard to make the game harder. Just not enough money

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I honestly cant vouch if its better or worse after FFX-2. The last one I played, but compared to the earlier games such as FF7 and FF2 & 3, they have fallen off. Personally I think they are trying to hard to do new things when all most of the fans want is the same old with a new different storyline. They need to look back their early days to move forward in my opinion, go back to their roots, go back to what worked best and what made those games the classics they are. I loved FFX, wasnt too impressed by X-2 though, I mean you win some you lose some whatever. But since FF7 the only one I've actually enjoyed was FFX, 8 and 9 stunk and X-2 was a little to girlie for me. Hopefully they can pull themselves out of it, I'd love to be impressed by one of their games again.

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is an intresting topic, yes final fantasy is getting worse the best final fantasy was 7 and it still is. ahhhhh..... aeris, tifa.....
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr. rubedo
    your expectations towards the game just too high. when it doesnt satisfy what u want u downgrade the game.
    game developer are trying very hard to make the game harder. Just not enough money

actually.... i dont have very high expectations at all i just PLAY the game im not saying this opinion of mine should be anyone elses but lmao dont say they dont have money i mean there up there with blizzard dude the only bad thing that they got stuck with is the creator is now working with NINTENDO. they got lots of money

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by splitpeasoup
    I don't think they've gotten better or worse. I've played 7, 8, 9, 10, and 10-2 and I think though I liked each one for different reasons, they were all good.

lol 7 8(ate) 9

sorry just thought about an old joke i remembered

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9