View Poll Results: What was the most improvement of Final Fantasy 8 from 7?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Music

4 16.67%
  • Characters

2 8.33%
  • Graphics

18 75.00%
  • Conflicts

0 0%
  • Focus

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

Final Fantasy VIII

I saw there was a thread about your fav. final fantasy but i wanted to discuss FF VIII alone. 7 was a great step in video game history because of the moving and epic story, plot, ect. but what about 8? What is so great about 8? Well first of all the HUGE step in graphics, the music only improved at some parts, others declined... But for just one example think about the opening. If you have 8 watch the opening again. And look at the games out now. The graphics now are only a small jump above the visuals in the opening. The new graphics are more advanced, more complex yeah, but in all simplicity Final Fantasy 8 just looked good! They changed it so that your companions followed you instead of becoming one with you (lmao about that still). It had true conflict, not like Cloud and Sephiroth because Cloud always had a NEW enemy, Sephiroth, Shinra, ect. while Squall was always distracted with Seifer, then the sorcerous because of Rinoa, the two main focuses in my view. What do you guys think?

Otaku Suzy may be famous one day Suzy may be famous one day Suzy's Avatar
    In Puerto Rico the stinkiest place on earth.^~^
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

I really like to vote for evrything but i can't lol^^.Graphics are like the center of a game but without the others is nothing.
    '' Death, cruelty, murder the things i have hate forever, Life is like a test with a limited time'' And doesnt have any sign''
    I wish i could help you but i make things worst, by liken you

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing FF8 did better than 7 was its graphics. They were everything 7 should have been and a little bit more.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the junction system that they used. Junctioning GFs with the characters was great. It gave summoning a greater role than in all the others. Instead of having it as a magic, it was a big role in the game play. Another thing I liked about it was collecting magic. It was actually different experience than having MP. It made it fun. I also liked the card game that was perfect especially since card games were very popular at the time (I still have over 250 pokemon cards sitting somewhere in my room from that era alone). The graphics and features pushed the game on top. But I still think FFVII had the better story especiallywhen Aeris died. I still can't get over it.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Triple Triad is probably the best mini-game that SQUARE ever cooked up
    Blitzball was okay... Chocobo racing, eh....
    but Triple Triad was actually more entertaining to me
    good music, good times
    I love my girlfriend.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I put characters because in 8 I learned to care about every single one of the characters up to and including Seifer. Even if the graphics hadn't improved like they did it would still be my favorite for that reason alone. In 7 I just wanted everyone to die and get it over with. Well, except Aeris, and she died.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku MuMu Champion Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart's Avatar
    Thanks

FF8 was always my favorite, until I played 7 not too many years ago. I had loved the fighting system in 8 better than any other game. I hated the one in 7 at first, but got use to it, because of limited MP. I too also like the fact that you have to find and aquire your magic. I spent many hours searching the globe for magic points till I found all the good ones. The graphics were my favorite part, and I liked the story, but not as good as FF7. If they remade both games for any one system though, I'd probably prefer 7, but I'd still buy them both... lol!!

Far be it for me to be anything special, when the only special thing I desire with me, is the special person I share my gifts with.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

The only FF i've played is FFX. I enjoyed that game. But I've heard both FF8 and FF7 were good. It's hard for me to keep buying Final Fantasy. I wasn't impressed with 10. The only thing I liked were the cut-scenes. I also liked the music, the music is always good!.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast