View Poll Results: What was the most improvement of Final Fantasy 8 from 7?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Music

4 16.67%
  • Characters

2 8.33%
  • Graphics

18 75.00%
  • Conflicts

0 0%
  • Focus

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII

Otaku JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

FF8 isnt the best FF game ever, but it's still a pretty good game, my favorte part was trying to get all of the GF's, it was such a pain, specially getting the Jumbo Cactus, it tooked like 30 minutes to beat that thing, and also getting the last GF that looked like a Spaceship.
    I never put in enought time to beat the Ultima Weapon, too hard

Newbie Geijetsuka may be famous one day Geijetsuka may be famous one day Geijetsuka's Avatar
    Thanks

i didnt like the magic set up, having to draw it from monster and such, i def prefer the materia system. but ff8 had amazing music and amazing graphics(for the time) not to mention the game was just SOLID.
    Some times...I wonder if any of us exist at all.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

FF7 is by far my fave in the series... FF8 was I didn't care for the story - I was bored to death. The characters were blah blah blah... If not down right annoying. I only liked Seifer. And he was a prick! I give props to the graphics and the overall look of the game - battle system - along with that great junctioning system - pretty sweet. But it's the one FF I can live without.

Newbie Sevothtarte may be famous one day Sevothtarte may be famous one day
    Thanks

FF8 to me was much more compitition than FF7. It seemed to have a wider roster of monsters (correct if I'm wrong though). The magic/GF system was something a little different, took a little bit to get adapted to it. I also think the last castle in the game was hard, espcially the idea where you have to defeat a boss to get back one of your junction abilities (such as magic, item, GF summon, GF ability, etc).

I still to this day haven't completed the game, where as I have completed everything in FF7.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sevothtarte
    FF8 to me was much more compitition than FF7. It seemed to have a wider roster of monsters (correct if I'm wrong though). The magic/GF system was something a little different, took a little bit to get adapted to it. I also think the last castle in the game was hard, espcially the idea where you have to defeat a boss to get back one of your junction abilities (such as magic, item, GF summon, GF ability, etc).

I still to this day haven't completed the game, where as I have completed everything in FF7.
    Interesting, i beat FF VIII easily, well, not EASILY but it wasn't THAT bad, and then a long time after that i had finally beaten FF VII. So i would say 7 IS better no doubt, it's my fav and always will be game #1 to me because of being so epic to play through. especialy for me but that's another story to explain another time but i still stand saying graphics was the biggest improvement to the series from 7-8.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

VIII was better in almost every way than VII, VII just gets more hype cause it progressed FF to a new level and it was many people's first FF game. The problem is people put that into a greater importance factor than the actual aspects of the game. I mostly liked the characters as they were much more interesting and could be related to easier than 7 (Though Seifer was no Sephroth, but at least Squall wasn't a poser/puss like Cloud). The music was good and the graphics were an improvement. The battle system was still boring (falls a sleep) as most turn based RPG's are, though they did a great job making GF's more important than they were in 7. Card game was fun and it was great they could be used to get rare items needed for upgrading stats and weapons.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing that FF8 improved on was the graphics. The story was boring, the characters were all the same (they all had the same back story for god's sakes), the junctions system was such a waste of time. I finished FF9 and 10 before I ever finished 8. I would start it, then tread through the tedious process of leveling up my characters, waste endless hours of drawing magic, then get so utterly sick of the story that I'd put it down for a year before trying to play it again. By far the worst FF in the series (though FF10-2 comes in a close second.)

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

LoL I ended up giving my copy of FFVIII to my neighbor's little kid (he was 8 at the time) And he brought it back to me and said... *And I quote* "This game was crap. 4 and 7 were better. Want it back, or should I toss it?"

I'll never forget that conversation as long as I live...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast