View Poll Results: What was the most improvement of Final Fantasy 8 from 7?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Music

4 16.67%
  • Characters

2 8.33%
  • Graphics

18 75.00%
  • Conflicts

0 0%
  • Focus

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

8 was lame just get over it. I still play 7 ocassionally, its just more fun to play and thats the bottom line. I'd rather watch chunky cloud run around an open plane then play 8 again. dont get me wrong 8 would have made a descent CG movie or something. But thats about it, game wise it was ok one time through. After that I never had the urge to play it again. And its like that everywhere, ask people how many times they played 7 compared to 8, thats why its more popular and always has been. The games just more fun, you can explain away anything else all you want. You wont change that fact.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie big paddy may be famous one day big paddy may be famous one day
    Thanks

damn 8 was sound but 7 was my faveourite but 8 was not lame it sold more than 7 in the uk cause i had 2 preorder it but didnt with 7

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Efinitly everything but graphics the most!! triple triad u can play online now "google triple triad gold "
    ff8 is the best game EVER THOUGH OF!!! EVER!! I MEAN IT
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    Efinitly everything but graphics the most!! triple triad u can play online now "google triple triad gold "
    ff8 is the best game EVER THOUGH OF!!! EVER!! I MEAN IT
    Didn't I give you that link? I thought I gave it to someone around here...
    It's a qhame I can't play it online.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    8 was lame just get over it. I still play 7 ocassionally, its just more fun to play and thats the bottom line. I'd rather watch chunky cloud run around an open plane then play 8 again. dont get me wrong 8 would have made a descent CG movie or something. But thats about it, game wise it was ok one time through. After that I never had the urge to play it again. And its like that everywhere, ask people how many times they played 7 compared to 8, thats why its more popular and always has been. The games just more fun, you can explain away anything else all you want. You wont change that fact.
    It's hard to call that a fact because there are people who really liked it better. Even though it's clear that most people prefer FFVII.
    Last edited by Hassun; Sep 12, 2005 at 10:55 AM.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

you'll always find people you can say liked a game better. But I haven't seen or heard from many of them. so I dont see it as being some mass quantity of people.

And sorry but I dont see the sales of the UK really proving the point one way or another. The UK's sales are always rather small compared to most other countries. So its not a large enough percentage to use for any basis. Not doggin on the UK but thats a small % of gamers to use as saying its better one way or another.

But again you can throw sales numbers, who whose, whatever still wont make me like 8 better than 7. So now I wonder why people are pm'ing me as if they are really going to talk me out of liking one of my favorite games. Pfft its more annoying than listening to console fanboys spit nonsense and numbers of hardware specs that dont mean squat

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    you'll always find people you can say liked a game better. But I haven't seen or heard from many of them. so I dont see it as being some mass quantity of people.

And sorry but I dont see the sales of the UK really proving the point one way or another. The UK's sales are always rather small compared to most other countries. So its not a large enough percentage to use for any basis. Not doggin on the UK but thats a small % of gamers to use as saying its better one way or another.

But again you can throw sales numbers, who whose, whatever still wont make me like 8 better than 7. So now I wonder why people are pm'ing me as if they are really going to talk me out of liking one of my favorite games. Pfft its more annoying than listening to console fanboys spit nonsense and numbers of hardware specs that dont mean squat

The beautiful thing about an opinion is that unless it is yours then it doesn’t have to be anything more than just that, an opinion. As I stated earlier people put their ideas about what they like/personal preferences above the real aspects, technical or other, of any game/movie/etc… However I guess one can argue that it is one's personal preference that makes any category or aspect of a game/movie/etc... good anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3