Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 1.5 Released!!!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Firefox 1.5 Released!!!

It sounds nice, but ill stick with my old one for now. I'll get it when it supports all the extensions like noscript and adblock. Also i bet it has no themes yet??

Otaku kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84's Avatar
    Thanks

I am still using Internet Explorer, I don't know whats the different between Firefox and the original Internet Explorer... ^_^;
    If anyone would like to explain, that would be GREAT!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenenth84
    I am still using Internet Explorer, I don't know whats the different between Firefox and the original Internet Explorer... ^_^;
    I'm a web designer, so I can explain this pretty well.

Firefox the the only browser that follows the majority of the W3C web standards, and it doesn't have all the security bugs that Internet Explorer has because it doesn't support ActiveX scripting which is the cause of alot of Microsofts problems. and another problem wiht IE, is that in the new version of Internet Explorer 7, Javascript, which is used by almost every website, including AO, will be disabled by default, and since a majority of its users aren't smart enough to turn it back on, this will cause alot of problems to people in my industry, because we'd have to design around that.

The benifits of Firefox are as follows:
    1. Its faster
    2. Tabbed browsing (Once you use it, you'll never want to go back)
    3. Its more Secure
    4. its more customizable (there are thousands of extentions and themes that you can get for Firefox)

My suggestion to you is to try firefox out, if you like it, continue to use it, and only use IE to get onto windows updates (or just leave your Automatic updates turned on).
    Last edited by aceman67; Nov 30, 2005 at 07:46 AM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by kenenth84
    Besides being smaller, faster, quicker and conforms to the published Internet standards for Web data, the Mozilla Firefox browser is immune to most of the published malicious web exploits that Internet Explorer is vulnerable too, and is therefore more secure...

Related CNET News article... Mozilla takes wraps off Firefox 1.5
    http://news.com.com/Mozilla+takes+wr...l?tag=nefd.top
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Len, when do you think it will have all(Most) of the major extensions and themes???

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks

finally its out. i wasn't gonna touch the rc betas, and from frr_vegeta's reply it seems it rocks harder than ne browser has ever rocked before
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm currently using firefox and indeed it is faster than IE. So far i don't have any problem with this browser........

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

And another example on why the Gartner Security Group recommended switching over to the Mozilla Firefox Browser...

CNET news article... Trojan horse rides on unpatched IE flaw
    http://news.com.com/Trojan+horse+rid...l?tag=nefd.top
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast