Thread: FireFox torrent plug-in

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks

FireFox torrent plug-in

Was wandering if any of you know a plug-in for Firefox that allow the download of torrent file. I know this not law full, But just wanted to know.
    Coming soon.........

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ectoruss
    Was wandering if any of you know a plug-in for Firefox that allow the download of torrent file. I know this not law full, But just wanted to know.

why wouldn't it be unlawfull? Firefox is an opensource project, and bittorrent is a perfectly legitiment and efficient way to transfer data across the internet.

Its only the act of downloading copyrighted or licenced material thats illegal. Downloading Unlicenced fansubs of anime is legal.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    legal? yes. moral? that's questionable....

nope i dont but heres a list of third party bit torrent... umm, no never mind. just google "bittorrent" and you should find plenty...

(i'd give links but i'm in enough trouble from the mods as it is......)

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Might give it a try.
    Coming soon.........

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    BITTORRENT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY ANY BROWSER AS OF YET!

you need an external program that runs the bit torrents.

what you do in the browser is download the bittorrents and possibly configure the program if it operates through a web interface (useful if you are going away and want to monitor your progress {REQUIRES LIVE IP AND PORT FORWARDING TO ACCES FROM REMOTE LOCATION, but you should have the port forwarding in place already anyway....})

and now i shut up because while bit torrent is a perfectly legal file transfer protocall much of the trafic that is generated by the protocall is not.

Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Newbie LordGdawg may be famous one day LordGdawg may be famous one day LordGdawg's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that the same one that works for IE works for firefox Since I converted I havent had any problems.

What is this "outside" of which you speak?

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think hes wanting something like Foxyamp something where you can monitor your Torrent downloads without having to close minimize stuff

Thanks
    oh, in that case lord katsu, they are still using an external program that is using the browser as the GUI to save on compiled size (it takes a lot of coding to make a good GUI, not to mention they can be a B#### to debug...)

programs like that can be usefull because they can allow you to track/monitor/control your torrent downloads from a remote location. thus saving you the need to actually be in front of the computer to change your bittorrent settings.

Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"