1 14.29%
  • HTML

6 85.71%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Vs Html

Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Thanks

Flash Vs Html

Let's face it there are different tools for different jobs. Flash performs jobs that Html, etc. cant do.

Flash is not something you can learn over night and I think this is something else that makes people not like it. Many people enjoy the benefits of using Flash; just because some don't isn't a reason to dismiss it as useful piece of software. Sweeping generalizations are never good to make and quite often are the sign of ignorance.

Flash can be merged with any macromedia product such as dreamwaver (php or asp..ect + javascript + asc .. to create databases with flash's swf) just like http://www.webagent007.com/ and http://chill.coca-cola.com/ creating games, video live chats, no page refreshing and much more ! Since its vector graphics, it should not take much time to load compared to jpgs..ect

HTML was born since in 1979 and now it can also be merged with php or asp..ect + javascript for its database just like flash but the only problem is the page refreshing and 404 errors and usualy takes too much time to load large image layouts. Peoples click everywhere and bandwidth is wasted due to page refreshing here and there. Also you can only add text, images, and some javascripts

I dont know that do you peoples think about html website like this site. But flash is awsome. Im sick of boring html.

HTML is not a language.
    Last edited by ???; Apr 04, 2005 at 03:10 PM.

Newbie hoppi may be famous one day hoppi may be famous one day hoppi's Avatar
    Thanks
    im bad with computers... i dont think i have either of the two...

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Flash is cool, but I have an annoying time running Flash. I use 64-bit Linux as my desktop system, and there is no plugin for 64-bit Mozilla Firefox on Linux. I'm reduced to using 32-bit Firefox which works like crap in a 64-bit environment. HTML rendering is available on every platform, not just 32-bit stuff. Now, I realize most people dont' give a damn, as 32-bit Windows is used by 95% of normal computer users. Just explaning my reasons though.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks
    Everything has it's own purpose, and Flash only serves one: convey images and sound to the end user.

HTML is necessary to display web pages to every single end user. Without HTML your Flash sites wouldn't even exist. Flash sits nice and cozy inside HTML's little embed tags. Granted, the added graphical details by using Flash over something like a table or a DIV tag is great, but you don't need a sledgehammer to open a pecan.
    Last edited by Slothrop; Apr 04, 2005 at 03:22 PM.

Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothrop
    Everything has it's own purpose, and Flash only serves one: convey images and sound to the end user.

HTML is necessary to display web pages to every single end user. Without HTML your Flash sites wouldn't even exist. Flash sits nice and cozy inside HTML's little embed tags. Granted, the added graphical details by using Flash over something like a table or a DIV tag is great, but you don't need a sledgehammer to open a pecan.
    Only this tag:

Code:
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="520" height="600" id="whiteboard-gh-new" align="middle">

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I gotta roll with HTML . I just find it more important....

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Not really an opinion/debate topic. Moving to website design area.

Quote Originally Posted by ???

I dont know that do you peoples think about html website like this site. But flash is awsome. Im sick of boring html.
    Most of this site is coded in PHP. HTML is used for the appearance.

HTML is not a language.
    So I guess it's called Hypertext Markup Language just to make a cool acronym, eh?
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

From a security point of view, Flash is almost as bad as JAVA. Security 'Features' have been found in the past with both the Flash interpreter, and the JAVA sandbox, and no doubt more 'Features' will be found in the future.

The other problems with both Flash and JAVA, is that not all viewing platforms have these installed by default. (And who knows what new cell phone/PDA/set top box/wristwatch will be developed in the future to view your website with...) Since HTML, and it's descendent XML are World Wide Web standards, these will always be the default data formats supported...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast