Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FMP: The Second Raid - Disappointing at Best

Newbie Xephon may be famous one day Xephon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Unhappy FMP: The Second Raid - Disappointing at Best

So, I just finished watching the 13th and final episode to this series. Just when you think "hey, this sequel is actually better than the original", they slap you in the face and disappoint again.

The animation was top notch. The story had matured, become more complex. The characters were developing at a steady pace and in a great way. And then what should've been at the very least a 26 episode, possibly 54 (yes I believe there was that much content to work with that was skipped over), ends in 13 episodes... -_-

*Spoilers* - Sort of...

I was so excited by this series. There were promises of Sousuke and Chidori developing their relationship further, maybe even hints of Tessa chasing after him a bit more. Sousuke's new comanding officer looked like he would eventaully shed some light on the pasts of both Mao and Kurtz. The Twins were intriguing on the battlefield and erotic in their relationship with each other. I saw Tessa's older brother pop up, and was hoping to find out more about Tessa (love her btw) and her family.

There was just so much going for this show. And it just ends. Not with a bang, but a whisper. Sure, in the end Sousuke see's Kaname, save's the day all while reaffirming who he is as a person. But there was so much in between that was was just skipped, as if left on the cutting room floor due to time constraints.

This was a story arc with so much potential, that when I watched the preview for the 13th episode at the end of the 12th, and it mentioned that it was the FINAL episode - I was simply stunned. And then Heartbroken. Hopes dashed.

Don't get me wrong, for the little bit of time given to tell this part of the FMP tale, it was done fantastically. I just feel it could've been so much more. =/

-Xeph

P.S.: If anyone knows the manga to be better or more substantial than this anime let me know.

Otaku Pig Blaster Champion anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy's Avatar
    somewhere in Ontario....um....wait or was it Nunavut
    Thanks

Re: FMP: The Second Raid - Disappointing at Best

i only saw some of the anime and read some of the manga but i feel that in the manga they desribe things more to pplz understanding i don't know thats what i think
    being a bunny is hard work

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

i thought that there was going to be more episodes, the last episode didn't really explain the whole thing.

Otaku emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan's Avatar
    Thanks

i know exactly how you feel. i was ready for the fourteenth episode then i saw there was only twelve i was lke there was so much coming. its still one of my favorite animes but it couldve have been alot better.
    Don't let me be.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I've only seen the first episode, and I'm actually impressed. The quality of animation is actually better then the first season of FMP.

Newbie shinkusanagi may be famous one day shinkusanagi may be famous one day shinkusanagi's Avatar
    Thanks

I was going to start another thread but i'll ask the question here. Who was the lady on top of the roof aiming her gun at sauske's teacher in the final ep?

"RESISTANCE IS FLAMMABLE. NO ONE CAN SNUFF MY FLAME!"

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

shinkusanagi-she's the other agent who was always secretly watching Kaname. She was in that "fat man" outfit. The one Sousuke talked to before leaving saying he didn't trust him.

yeah they kinda cut it abrutly in the end. Guess they were afraid they'd do like season one and run out of steam towareds the end (which they did the 1st seasons started strong and then just went nowhere) so who knows. maybe they'll have a 3rd raid

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie shinkusanagi may be famous one day shinkusanagi may be famous one day shinkusanagi's Avatar
    Thanks

Yo Cybergig1 how you been dude? Long time no see . Uh do you even remember me? Well anyway thanks for the reply. i was going crazy trying to figure who that person was.
    Last edited by shinkusanagi; Nov 04, 2005 at 12:42 PM.

"RESISTANCE IS FLAMMABLE. NO ONE CAN SNUFF MY FLAME!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast