Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Football Fund Raiser

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Football Fund Raiser

Well anyone who watches football knows about the success of last nights two football games for the Katrina relief fund and it was a big deal, but then this little story came to light. Apparently the Saints weren't too happy about the way they are being treated and how last nights game went. Maybe if they won it might have helped.

Anyways here's the link. What do you guys think?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4883108?GT1=6902

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Football Fund Raiser

Yep obviously NFL makes one of the worse decisions yet. There could have been a mutual staudium somewhere closer to N.O.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow where's are sports people, I really thought this topic woudl just light up. I mean its all over Sportscenter, PTI, and all those happy sports shows. But I guess looking at it now there probably isnt much to say about it haha.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Well actually from what I heard there's a post(hunger) strike to post in these thread to show the mods that we are serious about wanting a sports section
    but for me I dont like to PTI mind you, nothing but an old couple (white guy black guy) yelling at each other lol

seriously they did a good job though, raising almost five mil

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

I had no idea there was a post strike haha. See I'm never told of these things. I felt like I was alone in a room waiting for an answer I knew people had but for some reason werent giving.

Newbie Prim41 may be famous one day Prim41 may be famous one day Prim41's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude, I am all for the saints playing closer to home,and trust me I love New orleans (great city)
    But you can't entirely blame the NFL, This was short notice, and I believe the NFL did a relatively OK job.
    You Suck!

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prim41
    But you can't entirely blame the NFL, This was short notice, and I believe the NFL did a relatively OK job.
    Seriously, what was the NFL thinking? There is no doubt in my mind that the NFL did this for themselves. Why else would they have the Saints play a "home" game against the New York Giants in New York.

New York is a huge media center, and by having the game in New York, they could earn more money (not for Katrina, but for the league).

The idea of the Giants being the visiting team in their own stadium is preposterous. The NFL should have had the game played in San Antonio, Baton Rouge, or some other neutral/closer to home stadium.

The Saints have a right to be angry, and no one really expected them to win the game. How could they? They were the visiting team, along with all the pressure of Hurricane Katrina, and what they have had to deal with for the past few weeks.

Newbie Prim41 may be famous one day Prim41 may be famous one day Prim41's Avatar
    Thanks

You know what you have convinced me. The NFL did make a mistake. But I mean at least the mistake was for a somewhat decent cause, raising money for Katrina victims. And if moving the game to a more money-making populous is what it took, then hopefully it made them a couple hundred thousand more dollars.
    You Suck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast