Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Foreigners pay three times the amount for college

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Foreigners pay three times the amount for college

I'm not really in ur position but the college I want to attend charges double on out of state students than residents....like u said it's not fair....
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

oh thank god... i just got my green card after five years of messy paper work and certain individuals throwing out my file in nebraska... and i am going to go to college in 2 years and pay like 40 grand a year... ::sigh:: i think i shoudl sell myself to slavery... to pay off my tuition fees... argh! and i beg to differ with miss moon unit there. it's not fair that non americans have ot pay twice as much for college. peopel wanna come here and learn just like silly americans who want ot go to Moscow University to study international affairs which is by far the best university in the world for international affairs and yet Moscow U. doesn't turn down americans and instead turns down more of its own russian blood.... plus education is much more better and cheaper in Europe anyway....
    but back ot the point... i think education should be free as it is in Ukraine, Russia, France and some other countries.... it's liek payign for water and soon Air... it's not fair however the fat american capitalist will never change so if you don't wanna pay i suggest you go to Europe for soem free college. France has by far one of the best educational systems as down russia. many people apply for a student vise and go off which is what i prefer to do as well.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel
    oh thank god... i just got my green card after five years of messy paper work and certain individuals throwing out my file in nebraska... and i am going to go to college in 2 years and pay like 40 grand a year... ::sigh:: i think i shoudl sell myself to slavery... to pay off my tuition fees... argh! and i beg to differ with miss moon unit there. it's not fair that non americans have ot pay twice as much for college. peopel wanna come here and learn just like silly americans who want ot go to Moscow University to study international affairs which is by far the best university in the world for international affairs and yet Moscow U. doesn't turn down americans and instead turns down more of its own russian blood.... plus education is much more better and cheaper in Europe anyway....
    but back ot the point... i think education should be free as it is in Ukraine, Russia, France and some other countries.... it's liek payign for water and soon Air... it's not fair however the fat american capitalist will never change so if you don't wanna pay i suggest you go to Europe for soem free college. France has by far one of the best educational systems as down russia. many people apply for a student vise and go off which is what i prefer to do as well.

Things are a little different here. We pay the teachers more so we need to charge alot. The only reason the russians turn down their own ppl is because we can pay the fees easier than their own ppl.

Also I didnt appreciate the racist coment(fat american capitalist)

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, as an out or state student, I sympathize with your case, however I do understand the nature of it, it is fair that residents who pay the property taxes should have a break on tuition, however, what really gripes me is that even though we are out of state students, we do not have a voice when the issue of raising tuition comes up. Out of state students cannot stand up besides signing petitions and have a voice, that is what pisses me off, considering we pay so much more than in-state students.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Libitina may be famous one day Libitina may be famous one day Libitina's Avatar
    Thanks

It might be an injustice but you can also get scholarships that the ones from that country can't get so its kind of even

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Non-citizen or "naturalized" tuition costs are because the greencard or student visa individual can take their education back to their home country, effectively removing their direct potential from the American economy.

To say that it is fair is questionable.

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

its true and it sux, but we do get higher chances for scholarships and grants, thats part f why u check the race box on college applications.

i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel
    Well look at it from an American's point of view (which I am not btw, an American that is), they still gotta pay rediculous amounts of money to go to school. They deserve a chance to go to school because they were born in the country, and its still expensive for them. So of course it should be more for a foreigner. I'm not saying foreigner's shouldn't be allowed to go to school in the States, but they should be prepared and not surprised that they have to pay more.

And you can't really compare Russia to the United States. Their both totally different countries with different laws and values. Russia's practically a third world country now and I think they'd welcome rich Americans to come study at their schools.

And I'm pretty sure Europe is only free for people who live there. If an American went to school to study there, they'd have to pay, just like a person from Europe would have to pay in America. It makes sense. Maybe its not fair that a European would have to pay more to study in America then vice versa, but that's just the way it is.

Maybe you should consider going back to Europe for school, it may be cheaper for you since you are originally from there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast