Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: formatte pc

Newbie wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l's Avatar
    Thanks

formatte pc

its there any way to delete everything without reinstall the WINXP?

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Yes! If you appear to have a win 98 boot diskette, Insert it in your PC, then start it.

When it will boot on the diskette, Type "format c: /s" then press enter.

It should do the trick.
    Coming soon.........

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    You can also just put in the OS disks you want to install and do a clean intstall it will whipe out the windows OS and any Windows files.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wangwang1l
    its there any way to delete everything without reinstall the WINXP?
    eh....guys, i think he wants a way to clean out his computer like a format and reinstall....withOUT actually reinstalling >.<

wang, what do you mean by delete everything? just programs/viruses? or all your documents and stuff too? the best way to go is to format and then reinstall WinXP. It will make sure you DID clean everything.

but....I don't know if XPs system restore has a restore as far as when you first got it, if it does, just restore that.

First...check if you had turned it on:
    Start > Settings > Control Panel > System
    Go to the System Restore Tab.
    If you have the "Turn off System Restore" Checked off then you're out of luck...if not, keep going.

Close the System Properties window...you don't need it anymore

Start > All Applications/Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
    Go to a date that you think is far enough and restore. i think the instructions there are pretty simple.
    But make sure you won't regret it, back up any files you think you need. Make sure you have the install files of programs you want back, etc.

Another way is if you know what Ghost is....or what an image is. But i'm assuming you don't. Ask if you do know, and just need help with it.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l's Avatar
    Thanks
    you mean norton goest???? when i say delete everything i mean when i restore my computer last time before i install anything there already 3GB gone...i think i did something wrong maybe....

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    how big is the hd supposed to be, and how big is it reporting?

if it's like a 120gb hd, and you see 117gb, then you did nothing wrong. 1mb is not 1000mb, but 1024mb. so even though it's advertising that much capacity, technically it's not. you're just gonna have to deal with it as it's not just your prob, but everyone's prob nowadays, and even then it shouldn't even be considered a prob. it's just how things are.

Thanks
    my hard drive is 20GB i spilt it in to two C:9GB & D9. something winXP is in C: but i only have 5.4GB free....

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    and....winXP is already installed?

WinXP is a good 3-4 Gigs i'm NOT kidding.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast