Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: formatte pc

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    and....winXP is already installed?

WinXP is a good 3-4 Gigs i'm NOT kidding.
    if its a restore disk that came with your computer. don't forget the preinstalled stuff as well. Ya know Programs that came with your PC.I have an 80GB and Windows XP PLUS my preinstalls of my software that came with it takes up about 16GB

Newbie wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l's Avatar
    Thanks
    winXP is 3-4GB? that large.......

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Anmd still. You don't have instaled office and all your personal prgm after this. Me I have a 30 Go disk for primary disk and it half full. (this disk is not for storage, just to instal prgm.....)
    Coming soon.........

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wangwang1l
    winXP is 3-4GB? that large.......
    yep....other windows platforms aren't much smaller either.

want something smaller? try linux the OS itself is smaller...i'm not a heavy user yet tho so i don't know how it gets after "regular usage".

I got my C: (WinXP) for just "useful" programs (not games....games go on another drive)...it gets pretty full after a while, i formatted less thantwo weeks ago, and now it's 50% full (full = 20GB)
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l's Avatar
    Thanks
    how do you formatted it? i dont have a recover CD.....

Newbie Setsunayaki may be famous one day Setsunayaki may be famous one day
    Thanks
    My advice to you is as follows.

You have only a 20GB HDD. I recommend you go out and buy a western digital 80GB HDD w/ 8MB cache, they can be found for 30 - 50 dollars after rebates in some places.

Then I would copy the partition that is your C drive to your 80GB HDD, afterwards I would reformat the 20GB HDD into 1 partition so you can have 15 - 17GB space. Finally I would copy what you put into your 80GB drive into the 20GB.

Afterwards Set the jumper to have the 20GB as the Master as an OS drive that has the operating system and anything you are currently working on and then have the 80GB drive set as a Slave drive where you put in your programs, games, archives and paging file. You will have XP on both drives and you will have some security and you can put everything on the 80GB drive and keep your system fast and fresh by only keeping XP along with all drivers and critical files in the 20GB drive.

You'll perform better for minimal costs and I think you will be happier having a lot more space since keeping all your files in the same drive as the Operating system only leads to problems and you don't want to reformat every 3 months...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2