Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum Development

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks

Forum Development

I am going to add a forum to my website. Are their any programs that could help me start this? Im not at all interested in learning internet codings and languages, but I am wondering how to make posting news on my page a lot easier than going back to Frontpage and adding the content. I am quite new to the internet world and was wondering if anybody could give me tips on how to start my own forum. Thanks.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Go to http://www.phpbb.com or http://www.makephphbb.com or http://www.vbulletin.com for some forum help and downloads.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    if your looking for a FREE Forum I would suggest PHPbb if your looking for a paid script ether Invisioni board or Vbulletin.

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    PHPBB is pretty good for starters, easy to maintain. easy to set up, you could run into a little trouble if you don't know any php, however, it should run fine all-in-all Nothing you can't get started with, there are step-by-step intructions to pull it off.
    You can make it blend very well with your website, it isn't too difficult to configure to meet your design standards. Very versatile. Although the basics of it are fine, if you want to install specific modifications to it in the future you might require some help from people

And if it's just posting news that you require, I suggest looking for some type of blog, or a script such as cutenews for starters. Makes news posting easy and dynamic

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    hell if he wants a whole Portal system he can use PHPnuke or PostNuke

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    rofl, now that's the funniest thing I've heard in awhile XD

Thanks
    What I don't think he has 200 bucks to spend on a bulletin board PHPnuke and Postnuke are FREE open source programs So I don't see what so damn funny about it

Thanks
    PHPBB is free Simple too, like I said, even to use PHPNuke, you would need a certain knowledge about PHP to begin with, unless you want to have tons of debugging hours... :S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast