Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Forum Idea

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Forum Idea

i have to say i dont think this is bad idea @ all
    not only because no one visits journals -or maybe thats just me

BUT this must be helpful to mods surely

as said above, for control and deletion of old accounts
    Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address
    [IMG]curtsies to Pyro_psyco666

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I do think that is a good idea, dude. I would like that. As Ketaro said, you could do that in the intro section or in the Journal. But, that is a suggestion to consider.

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRabbit
    ...BUT this must be helpful to mods surely

This is a huge plus. Besides, having a forum for good byes is like having a going away party room, its almost like an honor to leave. And if you're a reknowned member this would be quite appealing I would think.
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Newbie wingzero_ac19x may be famous one day wingzero_ac19x may be famous one day wingzero_ac19x's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps there is hope for this idea yet. I do understand the deal with the journal... But a forum is easier to access, and easier to notice than the journal. I dont see where the idea is bad, or hurts anything in any way.

The flames of darkness burn eternal...a rage thats neverending...I stand alone. A demon unleashed..

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh geez...
    It's already been said, this is why the journal's so great. You can get all that crap out of your system there. If there's already a working alternative to the idea, there's no hope for your idea. Maybe I'm just an asshole, but c'mon.... ARGH! I have this crazy urge to say the "I" word right now.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

Besides, having a forum for good byes is like having a going away party room, its almost like an honor to leave.
    Believe me, it would be much better if you kept your "goodbyes" to your journals. Something like this is personal nature and that's what journals are used for. I'd imagine "goodbye" threads be spammerific.

Now in terms of noticeability, the journals are quite active. So it's more than likely that people are going to notice your "goodbye" journal entry, and like sedka said, people who do care will reply and people who don't will simply bypass it.
    Last edited by Wobbuffetking; Nov 23, 2005 at 03:43 PM.
    Too cool for a sig.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbuffetking
    Believe me, it would be much better if you kept your "goodbyes" to your journals. Something like this is personal nature and that's what journals are used for. I'd imagine "goodbye" threads be spammerific.

Now in terms of noticeability, the journals are quite active. So it's more than likely that people are going to notice your "goodbye" journal entry, and like sedka said, people who do care will reply and people who don't will simply bypass it.
    EXACTLY! THANK YOU! Well said. I like how you're not... An idiot... I think I love you.

Also, it's true; the journals get seen. You just have to actually use it to notice the usage of the section. It's not just there to take up space. If it were an unused portion of the site it would be removed.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRabbit
    i have to say i dont think this is bad idea @ all
    not only because no one visits journals -or maybe thats just me

BUT this must be helpful to mods surely

It might be useful if we actually did delete old accounts, but the fact is we don't. To delete old accounts would mean deleting all the posts for the old accounts (otherwise the posts would point to a non-existent account), which would effect the order of the posts in the theads, etc. etc.

To avoid Database issues, we find it's simpler just to ignore old accounts, and only inactivate them when needed to 'discourage' problem users....
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast