Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: foster home cages

Otaku erisluvsthanatos1313 may be famous one day erisluvsthanatos1313 may be famous one day erisluvsthanatos1313's Avatar
    the lost city of a thousand evil souls, AL
    Thanks

Angry foster home cages

i think this is were it goes! ummm........well they found out that this foster home was keeping kids in cages.....me, i has bn n a foster home....not the best place, but not lyke that!!!! any thots on it?
    Your perfect, just the way you were made, and I wouldn't want you any other way. Those boys will lie to you, but you won't believe that I wouldn't want you any other way.~Body Talk by My Epiphany off Now That's What I Call Eyeball
    Whittney Garrett is, () yeah (), a cow...

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: foster home cages

Not a debate thread..moving

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I heard about that.....And as far as I heard no charges have been filed yet agenst the parents....I guessing that the police think the parents are "mentally unstable"I think that house you were talking about was in my town.....

I'm ♥mazing!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I think your talking about this?

Yahoo! wrote:
    Tue Sep 13,12:20 AM ET

WAKEMAN, Ohio - Sheriff's deputies found 11 children locked in cages less than 3 1/2 feet high inside a home, but a couple denied they had abused or neglected the children.

A judge on Monday put the children — who range in age from 1 to 14 and who have various disabilities, including autism — in foster homes.

The children were found in nine cages built into the walls of the house near this small city in northern Ohio, according to the Huron County Sheriff's Office. They had no blankets or pillows, and the cages were rigged with alarms that sounded if opened, Lt. Randy Sommers said.

The children told authorities they slept in the cages — 40 inches high and 40 inches deep — at night. Doors to some of the cages were blocked with heavy furniture.

Sharen and Mike Gravelle are adoptive or foster parents for all 11 children, officials said. Prosecutors were reviewing the case, but no charges had been filed as of Monday night.

A children's services investigator saw one of the children in a cage Friday, Sommers said. The sheriff's office obtained a warrant and returned to the house that evening and removed the children.

The Gravelles do not have a listed telephone number.

A woman who identified herself as Sharen Gravelle's mother but would not give her name said the children were happy in their new home.

"This year they have played and had fun and laughed like no other children have, which they have never been able to do," she said.

At a hearing, the judge placed the children in the custody of the Department of Job and Family Services, and officials placed them in four foster homes, said county Juvenile Court Administrator Chris Mushett.

Appearing with a lawyer at the hearing, the Gravelles denied they had abused or neglected the children.

County Prosecutor Russell Leffler said the Gravelles claimed a psychiatrist recommended they place the children in cages.

The couple were reserved when deputies arrived at the house to remove the children, Sommers said.

"The impression that we got was that they felt it was OK," he said.

Investigators believe nine of the children slept in the cages that were stacked two-high on the house's second story. Two mattresses on a bedroom floor also showed signs of recent use, Sommers said.

One of the boys said he'd slept in the cage for three years, Sommers said.

Wakeman, with a population of about 1,000, is some 50 miles west of Cleveland.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Are they retarded or something?

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

All I have to say about this story is there is absolutely nothing that surprises me in this world anymore.

Newbie Blackfire may be famous one day Blackfire may be famous one day Blackfire's Avatar
    Thanks

most of the time people that adopt these poor children are on some sort of drug.. the reason they want to foster them is because the state will pay them plenty of money to take care of the kids... so in the case where thats true.. they dont care about the welfare of the kids.. and do well... its sad what happens to the kids that have to live with psychos

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    All I have to say about this story is there is absolutely nothing that surprises me in this world anymore.
    I agree. I don't have anything else to say about this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast