Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fox Box & One Piece

Newbie BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337's Avatar
    Thanks

Fox Box & One Piece

Ok, this is sort of a rant and protest against what fox did to One Piece but I may inadvertadely (sp) spoil some things, so I figure it's best here. *AHEM* Newayz, I was watching it the other day on Fox Box, and it was doing the episode where Zoro (I refuse to call him Zolo cause that just makes him sound dumb) thinks back to his days when he first started his training and kept losing to that girl and how he made the promise or w/e about becoming the world's best swordsman and what not. I had seen other episodes before, but when I watched this one I became really annoyed at how they butchered the episode. First point, it's ZORO not ZOLO damnit. Plus the fact that they cut a few parts (if you've seen the Japanese and English versions you'll know what parts, I don't feel like sayin em), and to top things off, the girl doesn't even die in the English version, and they said she was jumped by a group of guys and was paralyzed and what not. In the Japanese one she fell down the steps and died (probably broke her neck) as she was going to sharpen her katana. Ok, now you see what I mean by killing it all. At the very least they could've given Zoro a cooler name for his 3-swords technique. Maybe it's cause I'm not Japanese, but the way the Japanese say 3-swords technique is soooo much cooler...
    Any one else have a problem with what American broadcasting companies do to the originals and thereby butcher the whole show?
    I shudder to think about what'll happen to Naruto if/when it reaches the states....
    ~|*BBoy|*|PHoeNiX*|~
    Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword, I can not embrace you.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    WAA??? I didn't even know fox box was showing one piece!! (how horrible)

As for Naruto, we could all launch a protest and demand some quality!! A catchy sloagan like "Stop the Butchering" would be proper.

Newbie BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337's Avatar
    Thanks
    Heh, maybe. I don't remember where it was, but it was most likely on AO's old site before it went down where someone wrote something about how if they were to bring it to the USA, they would have to change it to something like Don the kickboxer or some crap like that. It was humorous, but yeah, I just hate it when they kill a good series by cutting stuff and changing too many things. Zoro's name, I can deal with. But they changed the whole damn sub story when they said that girl was only paralyzed, not dead. I bet they'll probably say that the one major that works under captain smoker is her (where in the japanese series it's not, Zoro just can't get over their similarities), and thereby change a whole other sub plot... damn it all...
    ~|*BBoy|*|PHoeNiX*|~
    Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword, I can not embrace you.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    Fox Box pretty much btchered One Piece, even though Ive only seen a few episodes in Japanese just watching it on Fox makes me angry. THe voices arent even that great either.

Otaku sp00g may be famous one day sp00g may be famous one day sp00g's Avatar
    Thanks
    man guys i totally have to agree with u guys. i read up till like 30 of one piece's manga(korean version) and i really liked it. so it said fox box was playing one piece. and i say it once and im like uhhhh thats not really how it goes.... so yea. u guys see shaman king on the fox box? that is cr*p compared to the mnaga or the japense version. im with u youth_anime_fan. STOP THE BUTCHERING!

THE KARAKURA LION JET!!! XD

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    unfortunately, watching it is free so hell we have no say on how they butcher it

fortunately for me, I only seen so much episodes that I don't know how the rest of the story went

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    unfortunately, watching it is free so hell we have no say on how they butcher it

fortunately for me, I only seen so much episodes that I don't know how the rest of the story went
    Pyoro.... you are indeed blessed....
    ~|*BBoy|*|PHoeNiX*|~

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BBoyPHoeNiX1337
    Pyoro.... you are indeed blessed....
    yeah, indeed I am, but my friend told me most of the stories were sad, so I was kind of suspicious when the girl just "fell down" the stairs

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast