Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Freedom of speech...

Astonishing Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Freedom of speech...

We just started this newspaper in school, and they're not letting us tell what the real student body wants to hear! I think that the school is restricting our rights and we should stand up and fight for our rights!!!

P.S. They can't do this to us, they're breaking constitutional rights, we need to keep what is ours!!!!
    Last edited by Zeffervelli; Feb 01, 2006 at 08:48 AM.

Otaku jeilee may be famous one day jeilee may be famous one day jeilee's Avatar
    you have to deal with the grim before finding it
    Thanks

Re: Freedom of speech...

yeah! you rock!

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

that because they dont thix kids have a right to sat want they want

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Otaku jeilee may be famous one day jeilee may be famous one day jeilee's Avatar
    you have to deal with the grim before finding it
    Thanks

ic....

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Freedom of speech is everyones right...just as long as it doesn't comes from the below exit...

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

It is a freedom of speach, because most of the cartoons are mainly political satire, they are political cartoons aimed at making a point, so Denmark was right to publish them in that they are protected under freedom of speech, perhaps they wanted to make a point about religion but they did it in a wrong way; HOWEVER, The moment that they published them and they way they did it was incredibly stupid, fing crazy. I can only think of one statement, DO YOU WANNA DIE!!!, You have to be remarkabley stupid not realize that the arab world right now is controlled by mainly extreme religious zealots and that causing unrest in the arab world is signing your death warrant becauese Ismalic people take their religion very seriously, the danish government and consequently the European papers have just started down a path that will not end well for them.

I have no idea how they can stop or quell this firestorm but the people in charge and voters of the arab world are young, religious and very hostile right now, so any attempts at satire is like signing a death warrant.

Urds, you really need as a voter and has a Dane help get your government to apologize, I hope your country knows who controls the arab world and they devastation they can cause, I pray for you that you are safe dude, but seriously your government needs a lesson in timing.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Feb 04, 2006 at 03:40 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Urds Boyfriend may be famous one day Urds Boyfriend may be famous one day Urds Boyfriend's Avatar
    Thanks

I think my countrys goverment has done what it can do now. it did not directly apologize but our Prime-minister explained how sorry Denmark was that the drawings caused so much turmoil. I'm glad that the western world backs us up in these times.

Otaku Sarge may be famous one day Sarge may be famous one day Sarge's Avatar
    Thanks

Freedom of speech is good when they tell you what to say you stand up for what you believe in like me
    Semper Fi Carry On

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast