Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fresh air?

Otaku Chaos_Saito may be famous one day Chaos_Saito may be famous one day Chaos_Saito's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fresh air?

Your right, Fresh air is in the past, unless.................
    As soon as you slip up, death comes for you. In this battle for life and death, mistakes is what you can't afford.

Otaku emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah i live im memphis and its polluted here but it is every else, so its sad but a fact of life. when i lived in florida i lived near the beach and it was really pretty and clear air there.
    Don't let me be.

Otaku Chaos_Saito may be famous one day Chaos_Saito may be famous one day Chaos_Saito's Avatar
    Thanks

The only way to make the air clean agian, is to destroy everthing that pollutes it, and grow trees again evry where. Basicly live like the Samurai, Indians, Africans, ect.
    As soon as you slip up, death comes for you. In this battle for life and death, mistakes is what you can't afford.

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

I live in Wisconsin, and even in the suburbs of the city, the air is almost always clean (unless the wind is coming from the papermill's direction). And my parents bought a house off of lake DuBay and we're completely surrounded by trees (even though we have lakefront property there is a small forest of trees between the house and the lake). On the property there is virtually no air/ground/water/sound pollution, even very little light pollution (which I loathe with every fiber of my being, since I enjoy Astronomy and stargazing).

True there is no place on Earth (and even in the space around Earth) that is untouched by pollution, however there are many places that have so little pollution that it's impossible to detect with your natural senses. Just pack your bags and go into the woods for a weekend or so, you'll notice a big difference. (unless you have allergies... then I guess you're screwed if you don't have medication)

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    ...suppose a giant tanker the size of Spain dumped all its oil into the ocean... there will still be some fresh water, somewhere.
    That's because the ocean is salt water, lakes and rivers and such is fresh water.(sorry I just had to say it, it's just how I am... an overanalyitical jerk)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfire
    yea... well... smokers.. jeebus.. ok if they smoke.. it is such a miniscule amount of smoke it does not count as pollution.. is a burning campfire pollution? the smoke dissapates anyways...
    Smokers are a problem, sure an individual produces little smoke, however if you think of how many people smoke, and then multiply each person by how many cigarettes they smoke per day... then put them all in one area (ie megalopolis or even a state or country) you get one massive cloud of toxic smoke hanging over the area each day. After that just take that cloud and spread it out across the globe, it really isn't that small. Same goes for combustion engines. As for camp fires, that too can add up, and vastly outnumber naturally occurring forest fires. Sorry to seemingly pick on you, seeing that others share that point of view, I just needed to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Saito
    The only way to make the air clean agian, is to destroy everthing that pollutes it, and grow trees again evry where. Basicly live like the Samurai, Indians, Africans, ect.
    Sure you may be willing to part with modern conveniences, however a better solution may be had. We just need to find better sources of electricity other than fossil fules (ie: solar, wind, hydroelectric, geothermal, and even nuclear is cleaner if it doesn't fail, which incidentally failures are few and far between). And perhaps even more urgent is the need for combustion engine replacement (ie: electric, solar, hydrogen even though to produce hydrogen you need massive amounts of power to use electrophoresis).
    Last edited by Alegos; Oct 19, 2005 at 05:38 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3