Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fruity fruits basket! characters!

Newbie Yami D may be famous one day Yami D may be famous one day Yami D's Avatar
    Thanks
    Kyo is cool in my prospective, probable because I like cats like Tohru
    Can't touch that!

Newbie thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Momiji is a trasnsexual? Hatsuharu is gay? Ayame is...? Whaaaaaaiiiiiit a minute. Where where WHERE are you getting your info?

First of all: The term is Bishonen. It means (literally) "pretty boy". So yeah, guys in anime tend to be on the girlie side.

Second: Transexual: Noun:
    "A person who has a psychological urge to belong to the opposite sex and to live as a member of the opposite sex and who may be motivated by the urge to acquire the necessary physical appearance (as by surgery or hormone use) or to adopt the social role typical of the opposite sex."
    -Merriam Webster Medical Dictionary

Or, after the fashion of Anime: Ranma is a transexual...(Though I don't think he has a choice...)

I think maybe you mean transvestite, or crossdresser.

And no, Momiji is not a crossdressor. He just has a wicked sense of fashion (and honestly-he IS too young to be wearing the boy's school uniform-I agree with Haru on that) and hasn't grown out of that 'giggly' age. Comon people, he's a little kid.

Now, I have to make a concession here with Ayame. While what he normally wears around isn't exactly manly, it isn't women's clothing either (you might as well say that Okita is a cross dressor because he wears a kimono-you can't forget to make allowences for culture).

That said: The whole fan world did see Ayame in that wedding dress after all. Ayame is Ayame, and no one (except maybe Yuki) is complaining.

Thirdly, and Lastly (for now): Haru isn't gay. What about Rin? And I didn't hear Haru ever tell Yuki "I'm in love with you." or "Aishiteru" or whatever. He said that Yuki was his first love, that Yuki was special to him. When you are six years old, gender doesn't matter because sex (hopefully) hasn't entered the equation yet. My first love was a girl-and I'm a prude.

Akito is...interesting. I keep hearing rumors, I wonder if the producers of the anime knew where the author was going when they drew Akito... But I'm going to shut up because I don't want to spoil anything.

Yell at me, flame me, whatever. I'm just saying that your source is being lied to if they're telling you that Momiji is a transexual and Hatsuharu is gay... Too little evedence, too many factors saying the opposite.

Not that that whole family doesn't have some serious issues.

Newbie Kaelorian may be famous one day Kaelorian may be famous one day Kaelorian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thezerosystem

Yell at me, flame me, whatever. I'm just saying that your source is being lied to if they're telling you that Momiji is a transexual and Hatsuharu is gay... Too little evedence, too many factors saying the opposite.
    I completely agree with you! Especially if you read or keep up with the translated manga online that comes out (I'll learn to read Japanese someday!). But Haru is not gay, and Momiji is not a transexual, which you explained earlier. Not that I have anything against it if they were, but in their cases they weren't.

On a seperate note, I really enjoyed Fruba. I thought the anime was really well done for not having the manga finished (unlike Kare Kano, where there was no ending because of it). For once it showed more emotion in some instances than in the manga in my opinion.

Yes they needed to think a bit further on how they drew Akito! Lol!

I wish they could have finished the series though! Or have a sequel, but alas, they left it with too much closure to do so!

Newbie geishagallows may be famous one day geishagallows may be famous one day
    Thanks

der...

Ha, momiji is adorable, who cares what his reason is? (me...but Im nosy like that) But Haru, hmmm, Id have to say he's bisexual, (which I personally believe all ppl should be until theyve tried both, or if their celebit(Im sure i spelt that wrong)) And Ayame is, whatever he feels like he likes at the time? Plus, technically momiji is a transvestite if he is wearing womens clothing, (his style is kick-ass though!) And Kyo's adorable, but hes a flaming HETERO! Ugh... Yuki hmmm... lets not go there. Shigure, ha ha strait, but I think he could have a thing for a really femy guy, and thats why we love him! Uo-chan is a lesbian in the closet (with Hana!) but we dont care about them. Hatori is strait. But so far I only finished vol 4! (Yea I know omg, what a loser, but i have to pay for them u know!)
    undefinedundefinedI've never been to the moon, but I know no flowers grow there, from the blue star I wished to be on, I am forever bare. For I'm the flower, there is no other...the mirror is the blue...

Newbie thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geishagallows
    Ha, momiji is adorable, who cares what his reason is? (me...but Im nosy like that) But Haru, hmmm, Id have to say he's bisexual, (which I personally believe all ppl should be until theyve tried both, or if their celebit(Im sure i spelt that wrong)) And Ayame is, whatever he feels like he likes at the time? Plus, technically momiji is a transvestite if he is wearing womens clothing, (his style is kick-ass though!) And Kyo's adorable, but hes a flaming HETERO! Ugh... Yuki hmmm... lets not go there. Shigure, ha ha strait, but I think he could have a thing for a really femy guy, and thats why we love him! Uo-chan is a lesbian in the closet (with Hana!) but we dont care about them. Hatori is strait. But so far I only finished vol 4! (Yea I know omg, what a loser, but i have to pay for them u know!)

I don't really get why thier sexuality matters, (and it's spelled Celibate-you were close, but I have spell check! ), and...wow. I have never heard of a flaming heterosexual. That's definately a new one lol

And I don't even want to get into an argument about what people 'should be'. You are what you are born as, live with it. If you can't learn to accept what you are, you have...well, maybe not problems, but definate issues. I have heard every argument in the book, and they all sound dumb to me.

Dang, and here I said I wasn't going to argue. Gomen.

I still disagree with you about Haru...well, about all of them, on some level or another...but I'll get to that in a minute.

Ayame is Ayame. Personally, I think he's straight. Why is complicated. It has to do with the manga. He's just a...a....what is the word (?)...a flirt. I've know several people in my life who flirt with everyone, it's a personality type, not a sexuality thing.

Yuki is straight. There is no way on earth you can convince me otherwise.

Shigure is immature and has a...very odd sense of humor. Hatori is straight.

Uo and Hana? You have GOT to be kidding me. I had two friends when I was in high school. We effectively WERE Hana, Uo and Tohru. And all of us are straight. I just can't see Uo and Hana as an item. Granted, I try really hard to stay out of the love lives of minors even when they are fictional....

Besides: Can you really imagine the Curse allowing the Sohma's such a loophole as allowing them to be gay or bi or whatever when this same Curse has such a heavy influence on the rest of thier personality?

Rei
    Newbie Rei may be famous one day Rei may be famous one day Rei's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've seen only episodes 1-19 and I really like it
    I thought Ayame and shigure were gay....are they?

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thezerosystem
    Besides: Can you really imagine the Curse allowing the Sohma's such a loophole as allowing them to be gay or bi or whatever when this same Curse has such a heavy influence on the rest of thier personality?
    Lol I never thought of it that way but maybe that is why some of the characters seem to go to the gay side. You know they can't hug the other gender so I can hug the same gender lol. But I don't think some of the characters are gay. Kyo, Yuki, Hatori, Tohru, and her girlfriends I think are straight. I question the little half German guy sexuality though(I'm not saying he is gay just questioning it).

Read Magical Detective Daisuke. Part 9 is finally out! Click here to read it! For the complete collection of Magical Detective Daisuke click here.

Thanks
    To Rei,
    I... I can't say Ayame and Shigure are exactly straight, but I don't think they are gay. I don't think the curse would allow it. :/ Besides, isn't Shigure...crap >_< SPOILERS Gaaaak. I can't tell you. It's in the manga.

To Ted Turtle (dude, I love your name),
    What makes you question Momiji? (I'n not criticizing you, just curious, he never struck me as gay...)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast