Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Full metal Alchemist (PS2)

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    GameInformer - 4.75/10
    X Play - 1/5
    Gamespot - 2.5/5
    EGM - 6.0/10

I knew this game would suck. The anime sucks, so obviously the game would to. Why the hell...would a great publisher like Square-Enix, make such an inferior and crappy product such as this peice of shit in a PS2 case?

Because They know that all you gullible anime fans and FMA fanboys/girls would buy it just because. All they have to do is go half ass with this game, and make as much as they would with any other game. They obviously don't care about you, the anime/game consumer. If they did, they would of put in some actual effort into this. But they didn't. They spent not alot of effort and even less money and time to make it. Lets look at the statistics shall we?

Average $ to make a game - $500,000*

Average $ to make an awesome game - $1,000,000*

Average $ to make a crappy game - $200,000*

$ to make FMA Broken Angel - $5.63**

The playability is just abysmal. It's so dull and repetitive that I don't know why anyone would go for more than a 1 hour session. The game starts off crap and goes down from there.

This should be a lesson to all you anime fans. Just because your favorite anime comes to a game, doesn't mean you should feel obligated to buy it.

And come on...give decent scores. You're not kidding anyone when you give it only an average score. Give a score that a game of this caliber diserves, a 0/10.

* = not actual statistics.
    ** = not actual statistics, but very accurate ones.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    GameInformer - 4.75/10
    X Play - 1/5
    Gamespot - 2.5/5
    EGM - 6.0/10

I knew this game would suck. The anime sucks, so obviously the game would to. Why the hell...would a great publisher like Square-Enix, make such an inferior and crappy product such as this peice of shit in a PS2 case?

Because They know that all you gullible anime fans and FMA fanboys/girls would buy it just because. All they have to do is go half ass with this game, and make as much as they would with any other game. They obviously don't care about you, the anime/game consumer. If they did, they would of put in some actual effort into this. But they didn't. They spent not alot of effort and even less money and time to make it. Lets look at the statistics shall we?

Average $ to make a game - $500,000*

Average $ to make an awesome game - $1,000,000*

Average $ to make a crappy game - $200,000*

$ to make FMA Broken Angel - $5.63**

The playability is just abysmal. It's so dull and repetitive that I don't know why anyone would go for more than a 1 hour session. The game starts off crap and goes down from there.

This should be a lesson to all you anime fans. Just because your favorite anime comes to a game, doesn't mean you should feel obligated to buy it.

And come on...give decent scores. You're not kidding anyone when you give it only an average score. Give a score that a game of this caliber diserves, a 0/10.

* = not actual statistics.
    ** = not actual statistics, but very accurate ones.
    You actually tried it? KenX? Who hates FMA? Who probably already read it was bad? Why?

Thanks
    Hey, don't think i bought it or anything. I work at a Gamestop.

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    Hey, don't think i bought it or anything. I work at a Gamestop.
    Yup, I'm positive you're a Naruto fan now.

I know that you have the right to have your own opinion and all. But you're the one who was a jerk first so I'm continuing what you started. Why, because I don't like being called a stupid fangirl that's why. You may look at this reply and laugh, and know what, I don't care, I'm writting it anyway. We have the right to like the anime and\or the game, Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean our intelligence is inferiour to yours. And yes, I did give it a decent rating. Maybe the ratings you have seen differ from those I have seen, but on IGN they gave it a 6.5/10 and another site had a 6.4/10 so a 7 is pretty fair in my opinion.

And no, I don't regret buying the game. I have played waayyyyy worst anime games in my time. Case in point, the Inuyasha rpg that came out recently...that was bad....The FMA is much better, better art, better story, and even better action and the voices during combat aren't as annoying (like some people I could mention)

And this time, I'm not sorry for being mean, calling me stupid is just something I can't stand :Thumbd:
    Last edited by Electrastar; Jan 27, 2005 at 02:21 PM.

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks
    roflmao at the review! xD awwww wot a flop =( doubt itd ever get released in australia neway XDXD lolz
    "A good discussion should be like a miniskirt; short enough to pertain interest yet long enough to cover the subject." ;]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrastar
    Yup, I'm positive you're a Naruto fan now.

I know that you have the right to have your own opinion and all. But you're the one who was a jerk first so I'm continuing what you started. Why, because I don't like being called a stupid fangirl that's why. You may look at this reply and laugh, and know what, I don't care, I'm writting it anyway. We have the right to like the anime and\or the game, Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean our intelligence is inferiour to yours. And yes, I did give it a decent rating. Maybe the ratings you have seen differ from those I have seen, but on IGN they gave it a 6.5/10 and another site had a 6.4/10 so a 7 is pretty fair in my opinion.

And no, I don't regret buying the game. I have played waayyyyy worst anime games in my time. Case in point, the Inuyasha rpg that came out recently...that was bad....The FMA is much better, better art, better story, and even better action and the voices during combat aren't as annoying (like some people I could mention)

And this time, I'm not sorry for being mean, calling me stupid is just something I can't stand :Thumbd:
    I fail to see where I belittle your intellegence. Of course I am obligated to my opinion and so are you. But please, lets not turn this into a flaming match here. When I say their target audience is the gullible (notice I saw gullible not stupid in this case and in my other post, you should probably pay more attention :Thumbd: ) fanboy/girl, that's becuase in a game such as this that i've played, it's what i figure what they really did. Me being a Naruto fan has nothing to do with it. I've actualyl imported the naruto game and it sucks worse than this game.

It would seem that Squareenix succeeded in luring the anime fans into buying this game. All I can say now is, try renting games first.

FMA:BA could have been an awesome game. The story arced in the right direction, but went down hill fast with the gameplay.

It's nice when you have Ed telling Al when to defend, attack, follow, blah blah. These should be laden with strategy and fun. It is neither. The combat offers little than pressing Square over and over, There is little or no strategy involved. It is the same throughout the game, This makes me wonder how you could go through long sessions with this game.
    Last edited by KenX; Feb 02, 2005 at 04:21 PM.

Newbie pookie9 may be famous one day pookie9 may be famous one day pookie9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh boy, not another FMA / Naruto dispute. I liked where FMA was going in the anime, until the end where it seemed rather rushed; I don't watch Naruto so I can't really say much about it. I recently went to the game store and FMA was the same price as Megaman X8, which was the game I was intending to buy; well I ended up buying it anyway. It'll be a long time before I ever touch FMA the game. Not all FMA fans are that gullable :P I have high standards for RPG games :/ and apparently I don't think FMA would really be fun for me.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ken X just said it has nothing to do with Naruto, I don't even know what Naruto is and I don't like this game. I rented it, it became dull quick, so I felt like I wasted my money. At least I wasn't one of the suckers who put in the full $40-50 bucks on the game. Square-enix is better than this, everyone knows that. In terms of being an anime converted into a game, I could understand why its better than other anime games. But in terms of this game being compared to any other square enix game, or any game for that matter, just makes it look mediocre and and effortless time spent on making the game itself. Ken X was referring to how bad it sucked as a game. Electrastar was referring to how much its good as an anime-to-game, there's your difference.

Also, Ken X, I can't really say if the anime is bad or not, because I havent seen an fulfilling amount of it to actually see if the story goes anywhere where it shouldnt, but what I've seen so far is slightly dissapointing but not a complete turn-off.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3