Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Future of Anime, is it heading the same way as hollywood?

Newbie hitokirijaywho may be famous one day hitokirijaywho may be famous one day hitokirijaywho's Avatar
    Thanks

Future of Anime, is it heading the same way as hollywood?

Have you noticed lately the attack of the anime clones? its almost like when you watch an anime these days and its like being beaten upside the head by a Rat-flail named Deja-vu,... quick vash use your hidden gun arm! oh wait thats actualy
    father abel nightroad,.. my mistake who could have confused the two,... both been around longer then any other mortal, both act like they're inspector clueseau from the pink panther movies most of the time (allways broke, allways hungry), and of course when it comes down to the wire they turn into the calm cool professional,...

<sigh> i've watched anime for a long time and lately its like they don't even try to come up with original story lines, i mean its all about marketing now,.. and sex sells <cough>girlsbravoShuffletenchisisterprincesslovehi naYumeria<cough> but since i'm a Hentai Kageko Otaku i can get past the same over used cliche anime just because of the scantly clad cute girls (Shuffle is pushing it though) but its starting to near the end of the teather, i mean how many multiple girl one boy anime's we can have with the big breasted girl, the next door neighbor girl, the forward one, and of course don't forget the loli kid that we're all supposed to forget that she's underaged,.. <cough>battleprogrammershirase<cough> . what are your thoughts about this issue?

what are your thoughts about companies running so low on idea's that they have actualy taken HENTAI titles (game and movie) and Created Kid shows out of them? <KID SHOWS, No ecchi no hentai no nothing> i mean come on thats crossing an ugly line, a perfect example is the Magical girl series "Magical Kanan", taking a hentai movie line and making it for kids? what are people thinking? whats next? "Hello Urotsukidoji Kitty"?? what happens when little Sakura or Saitoshi run across the hentai counterparts in their parents closet and go Oooo its my fav show lets watch,... uh daddy whats that tentical doing??!?!?!

HitokiriJaywho
    Don't talk to me about "Air", oh dear god a 13 ep anime with TWO Recap Episodes? did they figure that only tardapults would watch it so they need to recap the whole thing twice because the attention span just isn't there?
    (oh yes the art was very pretty, and she was cute saying "Gao" but dear god the carnage,.. the carnage) (Where's a good old Pokemon Seizure moment when you need one)

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Future of Anime, is it heading the same way as hollywood?

<sarcasm>You can freely watch or not watch anything you want.</sarcasm>

That's the capitalism. It will devour us all one day.

Newbie Rick Parks may be famous one day Rick Parks may be famous one day
    Thanks

Cool Re: Future of Anime, is it heading the same way as hollywood?

Well I don't know about hentai turning into kid shows But I do feel like alot of these series repeat themselves over and over.My father and I was Discussing the other day how people take a good idea someone else came up with and trie to make something that closely resembles it with disregard for the story or its viewers(prime example Duel masters being a cheap spin off of yugioh).I think the lust for money really destroys not just manga but the intire entertainment industry now a days.

But thats just my opinion.
    I don't know what soccerery dug you up."laughs Rick as he throws of his school uniform revealing his team outfit.His cheeks and forhead begin to glow and upon his face appears the markings of the lightforce."But when I am through with you your going to wish you stayed dead."

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I think your quite right about this hitokirijaywho. Many anime for some time now seem quite repetetive or very very short lived. But some anime are still original or have some good entertainement factor, though I prefer story more than entertainement. I did watch AIR and yes it was strange to see so many recaps and edits of the same events seen by different people. I even felt like fast forwarding after the second one. A series that was good and that is recent would be Elfen Lied though so there are still some good things that come out, but are short lived.

I finally went to watch Azumanga Daioh and found it funny, but something was lacking. I could almsot say that I prefered Love Hina to this in hilarity factor, as Azu kept on bringing the same events with little change in them about three times in the show to demonstrate that they were advancing in school...not too bad an idea, but felt too much the same in my opinion.

In the end, I think there will always be some good anime, just too many bad anime going on every two seconds poping up to hide the good anime under a ton of bad. So that's that ^.^
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Newbie Kakashi Hatake may be famous one day Kakashi Hatake may be famous one day Kakashi Hatake's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zdenek
    <sarcasm>You can freely watch or not watch anything you want.</sarcasm>

That's the capitalism. It will devour us all one day.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Newbie hitokirijaywho may be famous one day hitokirijaywho may be famous one day hitokirijaywho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life
    A series that was good and that is recent would be Elfen Lied though so there are still some good things that come out, but are short lived.

In the end, I think there will always be some good anime, just too many bad anime going on every two seconds poping up to hide the good anime under a ton of bad. So that's that ^.^
    I enjoyed Elfen lied, is there going to be a oav or movie for it? because it was a little too short, i want more. heh
    But don't get me wong, i'm not hacking all anime, this was more of a post to start a discussion. I agree that Love Hina was funny, and i enjoyed Azumanga for what it was, (aimed at a younger audience) what did you think about Ebichu the house cleaning hamster? i would have said it was the "South Park" of anime. though it too got a little tired at the end. What's your thoughts on Gundam, and how they allways seem to use Colony drops for an attack? (don't get me wrong, i love Gundam, i guess just as Gundam allways have (you guessed it) gundams, they also must have mass drivers for weapons heh.

HitokiriJaywho
    "Kimi-tachi ni shi o ateru!"

Otaku Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689's Avatar
    Thanks

This is true but that is because they have come up with the best ideas of this era already. Anime will evolve as time goes on but it will take time.

Newbie Robertus may be famous one day Robertus may be famous one day
    Thanks

it may indeed become like Hollywood, lots of clones and such, but then there will have to be series like Hellsing and Gungrave that kinda stick out of the crowd (in my idea) with a well written and interresting story line. (and a decent finish so taht they can't drag it out untill it's totally chewed out). Thinking up the new Idea's will indeed be hard, I mean, they allready have had just about the whole spectrum of things, from war in mideveal times to outerspace and fantasy to sci-fi and (somewhat) Real Life. So what else can be thought up? I would hate to see and anime with gladiator or tray as theme or something :/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast