Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Future of Anime, is it heading the same way as hollywood?

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Future of Anime, is it heading the same way as hollywood?

Well they jus want the money. So they are running out of idea to do it and watch. They gonna start converting movies into animes.

They will ruin it all

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Newbie artemis205 may be famous one day artemis205 may be famous one day artemis205's Avatar
    Thanks

it might actually. but some older folks still think its cartoon. Hello!!!!!!! there's more reality to the story in it than any hollywood movie!!!

Newbie Keitarou may be famous one day Keitarou may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitokirijaywho
    and i enjoyed Azumanga for what it was, (aimed at a younger audience)
    Nope, it was aimed at an older audience, mainly the 18-25.

what did you think about Ebichu the house cleaning hamster? i would have said it was the "South Park" of anime.
    Tzz, no insults against Ebichu, besides it's older than your example. :P

Gundam, and how they allways seem to use Colony drops for an attack? (don't get me wrong, i love Gundam, i guess just as Gundam allways have (you guessed it) gundams, they also must have mass drivers for weapons heh.
    It's Gundam, thus it has to include various Gundam things to relate to all the fans and people who know it. The originality is long lost, especially SEED and Destiny showed that for sure.

Anyway back on the topic. Original ideas and realisations are quite rare in every medium and it only gets apparent when you get further into it. Anime copied already in the beginning stuff from other medium and from each other and that didn't change till now and won't ever change. After all the studios need to make money.

As for anime based on bishoujo games (h-games). Anime are generally watched either by kids or otaku, a lot of otaku buy bishoujo games and merchandise but don't have that much to do with anime, there are also pure animation otaku who don't have much to do with such games etc. with combining both well selling parts you get twice as many people willing to buy all the dvds, games, figurines and other merchandise.

Just fyi, out of the ~100 produced anime this year at least 80 were based on either a novel, a manga or a game. And mostly you'll get adaptions for every single of those, and not only adaptions but sequels and spin-offs as well.

It wasn't that different before as well, just that the focus has shifted lately more onto the akiba-kei and similar type of otaku and their hobbies, whereas it before was mostly the mecha and war/gun/playmo otaku who was targeted.

Anyway, point is. Originality doesn't exist as it doesn't sell. Adaptions have to be made for max. money incoming. As most money is done through DVDs sales and merchandise like figurines you need to have a sure base of people who'll get the whole stuff and who are able to pay for it, thus adaption of successful things, targeting otaku.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

This is what they need to do: They have to explore other wonderful cultures in this world. There are sooooo many epics in this world, it will be amazing if they turn them into anime or manga. For example, CLAMP did one called RG Veda. This was based on one of holy books called Vedas. Rig Veda is among one of these books.

I can name a lot of them which are worth being turned into anime or manga. Now, I have heard that they have made one on the life story of Lord Buddha.

So many to be explored.....................................

Newbie Soul_HunterX may be famous one day Soul_HunterX may be famous one day Soul_HunterX's Avatar
    Thanks

This happens all the time with every entertainment medium. Music, movies, games, TV, etc. Sometimes we just got to keep our eyes out for something new and original( that's hopefully good).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2