Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Future of A.I.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

The Future of A.I.

Okay, the development of humanoid androids got me thinking. Knowing quite a bit of VB programming, I do know how to make "basic" AI. My question is this; What will become of our A.I. programs? Will they evolve on there own after a certain point? Or will they even be able to "think" for themselves at all. Thinking can be dangerous. What do you think will happen?

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Future of A.I.

Interesting idea. I'm not sure how "vagrant" AIs (I'm using a .hack term here) would work. For the AIs to be able to think on their own we would have to program them probably to complexity of a semi-sentient mind, at least. One thing's for sure, though. They'd be horrendously flawed.

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol. The only problem is that if someone did some how succeed in programming an AI to think for itself, then it's all over. However that would be near impossible to do in the first place, let alone by accident.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    Lol. The only problem is that if someone did some how succeed in programming an AI to think for itself, then it's all over. However that would be near impossible to do in the first place, let alone by accident.
    Your thinking of terminator?

Thanks

There are a lot of instinces (in movies) where the AI was accidentally over-developed and was able to think and make decisions on it's own. Terminator being one of them. The problem with that is that so much work goes into peogramming such an advanced AI that it's nearly impossible to do without knowing that you've programmed it to "think" for itself.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Define think.

There are already computers that can extrapulate.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

oh no... first android now AI i mean come on it's like people really do wanna die....
    i don't like any form of machinery at all... well that's a lie i love my computer to death and it would be nice for it to think for itself and do my work for me..... while i watch anime... but that is cruel. AI is probably being developed further as we speak. except it will be our downfall because we will have machines that will think of us and it's just really creeepy for me.

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

Define think.

There are already computers that can extrapulate.
    I think the assumption is here that "thinking" includes the concept of AI having free will and some kind of identity.

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast