Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Future of A.I.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Future of A.I.

Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    the simplest and one of the core philosophical terms that a 17th century french philosopher "René Descartes" came up with this statement was said to explain it all, with relation to how the mind works. what i'm getting at is artificial intelligence will first have to be aware of its existence as a being before it could think off its own accord. the odds of this happening ne time soon is probably tending to zero. not saying its impossible just for now highly improbable
    Exactly...

Banned Avatar thief#2 may be famous one day Avatar thief#2 may be famous one day Avatar thief#2's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think AI would get to the point were they could think for them selves because we wouldn't alow computers to think out side the box so to say and if this would happen it wouldnt happen in our life time or our kids life time

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

By "thinking" I mean a computer being able to develop it's own thought process, values, and attitude towards things such as humanity. Not just being able to do something on it's own, but rather a computer that can make desicions AND ask its own questions with no input from any human. A computer that can think like that is aware of it's makers and its own existence. they'd even develop a sort of "individuality." - a senario from Ghost In The Shell
    Stand Alone Complex
    Did you even read my post?
    i dont think AI would get to the point were they could think for them selves because we wouldn't alow computers to think out side the box so to say and if this would happen it wouldnt happen in our life time or our kids life time
    I actually think it's very likely that we could do it. It's just a matter of developing a complex enough program and putting them through a set of scenarios. The program would have to extrapolate of input data to come to logical conclusions. There'd be an inheritant likeness to the minds of the programmers, of course, who'd design the reactions of the AIs.
    And........ I'm too tired to go on. G'night.

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

There's no doubt that we could do it, although it would be much more complicated than that. To reach the point of true Artificial Intelligance, the computer would have to be able to formulate its own reactions.

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin
    Did you even read my post?

There'd be an inheritant likeness to the minds of the programmers, of course, who'd design the reactions of the AIs.
    So true if you think about this deeply enough this could be a scary thought. As a php/asp/c++ programmer i've made my own selfish implementations of code to complete a project. my code is written dependent on how i feel at times [ mood ]. Imagine a developer applying the same attitude towards something as important as the A.I to a droid while having a bad day.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Thanks

So true if you think about this deeply enough this could be a scary thought. As a php/asp/c++ programmer i've made my own selfish implementations of code to complete a project. my code is written dependent on how i feel at times [ mood ]. Imagine a developer applying the same attitude towards something as important as the A.I to a droid while having a bad day.

Scary thought. From now on programmers get special treatment. keep 'em happy at all times. We wouldn't want to unleash something that could end the world all 'cause we had a bad day at the ofice.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks
    I think everyone is over reacting. Nobody really knows what will happen in the future with AI. The fact still remains that all the movies you've seen on it so far are made up by the human mind. In other words, I wouldn't go based off of movies. Remember folks, movies like the Matrix are works of FICTION. They didn't call in psychics while writing it. I mean if you really want to, go back and watch old movies where the theme was the future. Some of those movies even set the date in those predicted futures in the year 2000. Not much of the stuff is very accurate at all.
    Yes, all of the movies with artificial intelligence mixed in were made up by the human mind- but wouldn't A.I. be created by the human mind too? I'm sure that in those movies they got scientists to investigate and test the subject of A.I. to make the movie more realistic, heck, they're risking millions of dollars on it, so they're gonna make as much of the movie as possible, right?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I think there would be some back up protacol program like in robocop that would prevent this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast