Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Future of A.I.

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Future of A.I.

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    I think there would be some back up protacol program like in robocop that would prevent this.
    you know what i never liked about laws. there is always some loop hole. they are never hard and fast. this has its advantages at times [when you break the law may have to pay the consequences ] but what i'm really getting at is. laws are relitive to interpretation.

perfect example of this was irobot. where the robots where about to imprison humans for their own [humans] safety because of their interpretation of the laws. to protect humans at times they must protect us from ourselfs and our destructive nature. so laws may not be the steadfast stronghold that you think.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think all these things are gonna happen. To first get an AI to think on its own, we gotta understand the human mind. There still much scientists don't know much about the human mind. If they haven't figured that out what makes AI will think by itself already? The most i bet you we, as in human, can do is make an AI basically "copy" our emotions/reactions/etc. I doubt we'll be able to create an AI that will think by itself. At least if that is gonna happen, it won't be in my life and i doubt it be in any of you all's either. Plus i think the creators of an AI will make sure that they don't harm any body.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

We don't need to interpret the human mind in order to program a copmuter to think. All we have to do is understand the general idea of thought. What we don't nderstand about the human brain is the genetics and what runs it. Soon a computer simulation of the brain will be possible, if it isn't already.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

A.I. code written in ALGO derived computer languages (PASCAL, C, C++) can give the appearence of 'learning' by expanding their information base during runtime, but lack the ability to actually change their behavior outside of their original programming. Now A.I. languages (LISP, PROLOG) include the syntax to ADD additional program code DURING RUNTIME based on information gathered by the program, but lack the ability to delete existing code. (Imagine the program bugs that can be created if the program 'learns' a bad mistake!!!)

In actuality, the state of A.I. is woefully behind what is shown in most Sci-Fi movies. The best real time A.I. programs have an intelligence roughly equal to cockroach with no technological breakthroughs expected. This is not surprising, as modern science still hasn't deciphered how the human brain is able to generate thought and emotion. The last real breakthrough was the development of the electronic 'nural net' which was developed in the 1960s for pattern recognition before it was discovered that brain neurons worked in a simular pattern. There are computer programs that can emulate the appearence of a nural network, but by definition, there is no true algorithemic description of a neural network.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The best real time A.I. programs have an intelligence roughly equal to cockroach with no technological breakthroughs expected.
    Hey man, those d*** cockroaches are freakin' smart. Somehow they manage to escape death every time. But yeah, we have nothing to worry about, or look forward to, within our lifetimes as far as AI is concerned. Especialy for LenMiyata... no offense regarding your age of course.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

well.....I think that we should first look at the consequences....I mean if it will be able to make its own decision, then it might kill us, but I think there should be like a way to fight it u know build it with a flaw making it easy for us to defend ourselves in case something like that happens..
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

I think you are getting ahead of yourselves. Kill us? Do you think that a barely developed prototype robot will eventually be able to make it's own decisions, get pissed, kill us all and take over? You've been watching too many Matrix movies. And why would they create a robot with smarts equal to that of a human being? In fact, I don't think we will ever create a robot or cyborg with human thinking capabilities.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4