Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Future of the World

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Haha, to be honest though Kasai, I think that putting a bunch of kids in charge of the world for a few days would probably do humanity alot of good.

In the future, i'd like to see mankind reaching out into space and stuff. An offworld colony would be fantastic, and a real testiment to mankinds ability and genuis. Also, I like to invision a future world that has abolished war, hunger and poverty.

Unrealistic? Well, all I say to that is that the potential is certainly there. All we need is a better understanding of each other and ourselves.

But as far as the immediate future goes, I see some dark times ahead. While I have faith that human ingenuity will overcome alot of the problems that are starting to arise (fuel shortage, global climate change and rapid population growth), I can only predict panic, finacial hardships, famine, war and death. We've had it so good for so long now, that I can't help but feel that soon we are going to have to endure some payback. But hey, a little kick in the butt is useful every now and then, eh?

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    OK! The future holds for us vast opurtunities that include:

1: computers will become so fast and powerfull, it will take up hundreds of sqare miles to store them.
    2: Tv's will also become so big that it will contain a whole bedroom sized room to hold it.
    3: cars will become so fast and sleek, that you can fly with them, as long as your not using a jet pack.
    4: By the year 1995 man will have established a colony on mars.

UMM... wait...

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    LoL...all of you put down a negative thing about the future....hmmm...somewhere in these posts one of you or maybe all of you are right...dang....future sux i guess...o well...atleast it aint our problem rite?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    basically after my grand children, I don't give a damn to whoever. And that's if we do get that far

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that the earth would eventually run out of natural resources and mankind is going to start space traveling to search for another habitat ..when they find it they would stay there till the end up consuming all of the resources of the new planet and then they would come back to the earth (because by then the earth would've reconstruct itself).
    Either that, or we would all die because there are no more natural resources and we wouldn't have that the technology to space travel; actually only a couple of people would survive and start living like prehistoric people (just like the Time Mahine Movie) and start all over again.
    Don't worry if something like this happen it would a long time from now.

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo45
    LoL...all of you put down a negative thing about the future...
    Well, you know what they say! Expect the worst but hope for the best!

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Im not being negative, but like Sib said it's best to brace ourselves for the worse with the trends going on

It would take a miracle for the bad things to not happen

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie daitokei may be famous one day daitokei may be famous one day daitokei's Avatar
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=HRob]I think that the earth would eventually run out of natural resources and mankind is going to start space traveling to search for another habitat ..when they find it they would stay there till the end up consuming all of the resources of the new planet QUOTE]

Kinda reminds me of the stories of some African tribes. Where the tribe has one location where they pile their feces. Once the pile gets to big (or starts to smell too bad), they move to a new location.

However, perhaps we need to take a moment to think about some of the things that need to disappear before we can usher in this new and spectacular image of the future. Lets see...

1. Hungry Man TV dinners.
    2. Euphemisms
    3. Brief case sized tactical thermonuclear devices
    4. Beer Hats
    5. Unhealthy Fast Food restaurants
    6. Current state of the Government
    7. Sitcoms and Reality TV shows (or the majority of public television)
    8. Vehicles with a 10mpg and under average.

I realize my list isn't perfect, but it does make one think. Or... does it? heheh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast