Thread: Gallery: Do not double-post

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Gallery: Do not double-post

Getting back to the gallery work...

OK.. A big remainder to anyone who post artwork in the gallery, for the most part all the images need to be moderated, meaning that they will not show until a moderator aproves it... Since we all have an outside world we cannot be 24/7 looking for images to moderate, meaning that it will take time (from minutes to hours) for any image to be moderated...

Some of you people lack of patience or simply dont know how this works and assume that since your picture didnt show the first time you upload it something went wrong and decide to upload it again and again... The gallery software was not designed to handle this double posting and a side effect come from that limitation.

Any image posted twice will share the same tumbnail and intermediate image, since we have to delete one of the duplicated images both the tumbnail and the intermediate images are both deleted making the other upload broken and causing a big problem at the moment of moderating. As a result of this all copies of that same upload MUST be deleted to avoid database corruption.

So if you upload it your image twice, wait at least one day (enought time to delete both copies) before re-submiting your work...

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gallery: Do not double-post

Yeah What he said if you upload the same image twice then you in deep poopy XD so give the mods time to approve images

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks

hope I wasnt causing that problem with re-uploading my sig (Been trying to get the BG of my sig to match the the background of this default skin, I cannot use the eye dropper tool becouse of a color profile problem when I save it as a JPG)....hence the repeated uploads...Sorry

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kikieru
    hope I wasnt causing that problem with re-uploading my sig (Been trying to get the BG of my sig to match the the background of this default skin, I cannot use the eye dropper tool becouse of a color profile problem when I save it as a JPG)....hence the repeated uploads...Sorry
    Isn't it possible to check it before you post it in the gallery?

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

AO need's to add a self deletion button for the poster that way if they dbl post it wouldn't be a problem. The person that submitted it could delete it themselves thus in turn lowering the work that the mods and such have to do "unless one of the posters decides to leave them both up >> " Then it's time to kick some ars.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't it possible to check it before you post it in the gallery?
    Angelan sent me the color by using the eye dropper however when I did that it was a few shades out so im guessing its a color profile problem from when I upgraded from Ps6 to CS (havent exactly sorted it out but if this attemp fails thats it im giving up....for now).

oh yeah there is no delete/remove button on the "edit photo" page, ive checked the entire page, even checked the script. anyone else got this prob ?...

hmmm...When I change my sig, I used the same file (after I save the change), so the previous file and the new one have the same name does this create a problem ?
    Last edited by Kikieru; Jun 20, 2005 at 11:46 AM.

Newbie Ruri may be famous one day Ruri may be famous one day Ruri's Avatar
    Thanks

i know ive caused that problem and i'm deeply sorry i just didnt know about that...but i know now and i promise it wont happen again.