View Poll Results: Gallery Open for all regular members.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 65.00%
  • No

7 35.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gallery Poll

Otaku Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gallery Poll

Well when I had a lot of walls in the gallery, I didn't care who downloaded, I liked the attention and I was hoping people would notice my name. I even started bragging to my friends about the number of people who were downloading my stuff. It made me feel important. You guys also used to have a maximum on how many wallpapers you could download in a day. If you limited it to five, it would take months to download all the wallpapers and would deter pretty much everyone from leeching....

I know this is a little off topic, but I think people should get credit for posting comments in other parts of the gallery...
    Last edited by Gaius Nemu; Jan 15, 2006 at 12:44 PM.

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

why not create several tier levels

100 posts or 20 uploads (quality uploads) and monthly posts of 25+ = community member

1000 posts / 100 (wallpaper or scans) uploads = lifetime community member

I really cant imagine any leecher make that kind of effort, to visit a anime wallpaper gallery

i still think this way to go - But im glad to see the rules are be re-examined.

Edit: just out of wonder has the gallery uploads qty suffered due to the new ruling.
    Last edited by ShadowRabbit; Jan 15, 2006 at 01:27 PM.
    Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address
    [IMG]curtsies to Pyro_psyco666

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

what about people like me that only uploads my art and doesn't even care about wallpapers.Does that mean i couldn't go to the gallery?Cuz that would be unfair.

Code Name Wind

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

ok i think once 50 post u can c the pics. and yes its ezey.

and dose regule meen member or juner mamber

IM BACK

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

I think 500 is a good limit it will keep out any leechers
    which reminds me my walls need to be put in the gallery

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Well newer members that make wallappers and come to the site... can't see there stuff till after 500 posts... and thats pretty much nonsense.. there's alot of good wallers out there that won't post there work here cause they can't see them till 500 posts.

what about people like me that only uploads my art and doesn't even care about wallpapers.Does that mean i couldn't go to the gallery?Cuz that would be unfair.
    this is to open the gallery open to all >>>>
    Lighting Count
    Member <<<<<<< memebers
    Otaku

but junior members would still hve to reach memeber status before going into the gallery.
    So that' means you could go to the gallery lol. read the first post carefully ^_^
    Last edited by jaderabbit; Jan 15, 2006 at 02:53 PM.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it should be open to all members with the member status, if you guys want to stop leechers from coming to steal others work.

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

I say no to opening it to all members. I mean what if someone comes here, becomes a member, makes a wall, gets to see the gallery, and leeches.

At least make it a bit challenging. If a person comes here to become an actual member, and not just to leech, they'll stay how ever long it takes to view the gallery, or what not.

Thats what I did. I came here to join a community, noticed a gallery, couldn't get in, joined the community, still couldn't see gallery, posted and became comfortable, lost track of posts, and then one day relized, hey I can view the gallery now (like 50 posts after that fact). Now, I'm here as a Member, glad that I joined AO, and I'm staying.

Is this a version of something that we want to happen?
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast