Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: game movies

Otaku linx88 may be famous one day linx88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

game movies

so from what i hear Peter Jackson might do the halo movie. but i also hear that the other movie companies are afraid to do it. me and my friends dont blame them either. i mean imagine if they got the movie wrong! can you imagine how many ppl would be P.O.'d if they mess up on something or whatever. but if PJ does do i, we believe that he'll do fine. the LotR Movies were great and that he'll do the same with halo.
    I also cant wait to see the Doom movie. i never played it but ive watched my friends and it looked OK(i prefer games in which you go in gun-a-balzin', get your self killed, but did way more damges than if you tried it right... and rpg's...)

so on that note, what other movies do you want to be made from games. I havent played many games lately so i cant really say. I mean I would say FF, but FF:AC is comin soon and Spirits Within flopped from what i heard(although in my opinion it rocked) so that would be redundant. in any case, yeah... throw some ideas out
    www.myspace.com/fallabletruth

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: game movies

Spirits Within flopped from what i heard
    It did flop, big time. The reason it did was because it wasnt a game sequel. Everybody was expecting a movie based from one of their games (like Advent Children) instead they got a completly different story altogether.

Now, Ive heard rumors of a Metroid movie (to be directed by John Woo), but games I would like to see as a movie would be Xeno gears/saga or a Soul calibur movie.
    The xeno games simply because their stories are amazing and the sci-fi theme would rock.
    Soul Calibur, simply to see the fights and how the weapons would look (ok ok, also how the girls would look )
    Evil is actually in my job description

Newbie ZombieRocker may be famous one day ZombieRocker may be famous one day ZombieRocker's Avatar
    Thanks

i guess a soul caliber movie would kinda work because it kinda has a plot but myself i would want to see a warcraft movie

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hmm, I don't really know what game I'd like to see be turned into a movie. The thing about some games is that you can (to varying degrees) alter how the story turns out. That sort of thing is really difficult to replicate with a movie. It'd have to be a game that has a one track story line and a well-developed main character. Take Soul Caliber for an example. The main problem is picking which character (if any) will get to see the ending in the movie. Some people would like to see the story of Cervantes and watch him dominate the planet at the end. Others might want to see Lizardman's story (which is beyond me). Or maybe Voldo...ok, maybe not Voldo.

I actually liked the spirits within. Some people say the story was weak, but I think it's just that they either didn't think about it or it didn't have any relavance in their own minds. Oh well, I have my reasons for liking it, others have their reasons for not liking it.
    Last edited by Alegos; Oct 15, 2005 at 09:12 PM.

Newbie rowasa334 may be famous one day rowasa334 may be famous one day
    Thanks

A metal gear solid movie would be awesome, I don't know who would play the part but if they were to keep to the main metal gear style it would be pretty cool. Also there is no shortage in story for MGS. Maybe a Tekken movie of a combination of Tekken-Tekken5 even though I not sure how well that would work.

Newbie XiaoVal may be famous one day XiaoVal may be famous one day XiaoVal's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno... I was think abt old games... Came up with some great titles...

Perhaps "Bahamut Lagoon" back from SNES?
    The CG dragons would rox so much... The effects everything would be awesome... Tat is if some good companies made them...

Or maybe Front mission series?
    CG Wanzers sounds great... Most FM series have great story lines...

Why not something more complicated like Crono Trigger/Cross...?

I'm sure there are tons of potential games to be made into movie... Just tat it takes quite alot of effort just to make one...

Don't say you know me...

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

A soul Caliber movie would cool but they have to start with Soul Edge where the Nightmare comes out.

Not really looking forward to the Halo movie and pray to God that they dont screw up Devil May Cry. Another movie they should go for is Onimusha.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to see an onimusha movie and xenogears/saga would be nice to see. But most video games turned into movies dont turn out too well, something is always chnaged or new characters are added for no apparent reason.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast