Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: gamer violence

Otaku linx88 may be famous one day linx88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

gamer violence

how many of you think it's funny that just a few years ago congress was complaining about MK and now although congress has "lost track" parents are still complaining about it. i ultimately blame the adults because although we now have ratings, etc. we "kids" are still able to buy M games. now don't get me wrong because my dad allows me to get M games because he believes i'm mature enough and know enough from gaming and reality. although my mom isn't thrilled about it, she basically said that if she doesn't see me playing them she won't mind.

any way what do you think on gaming violence and how ineffective the rating system is(more or less)
    www.myspace.com/fallabletruth

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    In the Uk parents are allowing their 7yr kinds to play games like grand theft auto even if the staff advises them on the content of the games the parents are letting kids play then, quite frankly if the parents are stupid enough to let kids play them games if their are any consiquences example "kid kills best friend, game violence is blamed!" i think the parent should suffer the consiquences not the industry.

Also people complained about mortal combat before now is casual, but i think some perviously banned games should be released like "Thrill kill by virgin interactive" this game was awesome and by todays standerds it would be casual.

Game violence gets my and the age rating system is there for a reason.Jan

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I think kids don't tell their parents about the game enough and even lie about what it is to get it, like Grand Theft Auto: SA. It's a very popular game, and I also have seen really young kids playing it, and it's an action RPG, so it involves you more into the storyline than most games, making it feel like your there; more realistist. I think parents need to watch what their kids are doing, and when it's rated M, kids under 10 shouldn't be playing it. I've know parents buy it anyway, to stop their whining kids, and I know kids don't have to show an ID to buy a game, therefore it's enevieable. There'll be no stop to violent games, so why even worry... I blame the industry, not the parents.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blaming the industry why, i mean thats like saying the same thing to film directors.

Gaming is desgined for all ages thats why we have a selection of games not all those games should be played be certain groups and if a parent isnt watching their kids then shame on them.Jan

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    perhaps what is needed are more categories to rate the games

and if we need someone or something to blame, point to the gameshops and don't check ID (regardless of whether the ID is fake etc), the youngsters who get to work in them allowing "hook me ups"

unlike cigarettes, there is no definite damage, so it's a much harder argument

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't think it matters that much. I mean just about every game out there has violence that's part of what makes them fun, but once you get into the M games, most of the time it's because the blood's animated well.

Newbie Rage87 may be famous one day Rage87 may be famous one day Rage87's Avatar
    Thanks
    It doesnt really bother me that much cause i know what your doing in a game isnt real and i would never do anything like it in real life cause i know its wrong. If you taught what is rite and wrong i see no problem. although i would recomend that parients supervise their children while playing games and that they choose their games very carefully.
    This is not goodbye it's just a kiss before you die.

Thanks
    I agree totally with Rage87, gaming is a means of entertainment just like movies or anime's.
    Not all games are intended for minors, however the ID's are always asked for here in the UK but parents buy them for their kids not realizing and when they have been informed they choose to ignore the info lame huh.Jan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast