Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gaming movies

Banned animegojira1 may be famous one day animegojira1 may be famous one day animegojira1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gaming movies

Everyone does have a point and I agree games are meant to played not watched.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    Live action video game movies almost never work, becaue they're too fantastic! Games were meant to be played, not watched. That's why they all suck.
    That is so true... I found that when I watched video game movies that I get disappointed becaue they screw up the character's "personality" or their trademarks... As with the Mortal Kombat flick...

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

I actually would love to see the Doom movie, although I think Vin Diesel would have been a better pick as "the doom guy", and not the Rock, but I guess we'll see how that turns out, I just hope they can keep the sensation of "o fuk, whats around that corner" that many people felt while playing the original doom. I know I shit myself many times, cause wehn I played doom 1&2, I was, ohh, maybe 8-9 years old, lol. good times tho.

As for games gone movies in general, i would have to say not many turn out that good, considering that games have characters do things people wouldn't/couldn't do in real life, but, when did that stop anyone right?

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got the latest issue of Game Informer, and they had a screen of the Rock in Doom... Sounds like they are going to keep the "something jumps out and you can't see aggrrrhhh scary" feeling... But who knows. I'll try to post a scan of the pic when my scanner is fixed. (^_^) The article also dished out that the film will be most bloody. YES!
    Last edited by Spike'sRose; Sep 30, 2005 at 01:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2