Thread: Gantz

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Gantz

Whew, I've seen the first volume of this anime. Now, it didnt so much blow me away however the strangeness of the anime is pulling me in. I mean, this anime is really interesting. Not so much as Paranoia Agent and Perfect Blue. It's just interesting.

Has anyone seen it? If you have, do you know what I'm referring to? Do any of you want to see it?
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gantz

i have read the first few volumes of the manga and ididn't like it. the story is weak and ther characters aren't well develop. i think i reached about vol 6 and i dont know where the black ball came from or who put it there. how many eps are in the series?

Newbie perfection_through_pain may be famous one day perfection_through_pain may be famous one day
    Thanks

I have seen series 1 and 2 in their entirety. Many people i have found did not like this series because it (heaven forbid) left too much to the viewers imagination. You need to know and remember that this was based on a nightmare. So not everything is going to make sense or totally fit. Besides, i like thinking about all the diffrent possibilitys of what gantz was and his purpose. Not to mention the good share of violence.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw the two first uncut episodes of the series on the animenetwork channel, it wasn't that great, i mean the story plot is confusing, the whole thing is about spirits that have to play a game that a huge ass metal ball tells them to play.....

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW!!! Sounds awesome. Can someone give me a synopsis of this story?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The entire Gantz series plays like one big 'Twilight Zone' episode.... A giant metal sphere beams in people who have just 'died', and sends them off on a mission of hunting down and killing aliens. If they refuse to do this, or fail in their mission, they die. While on a hunt, they cannot be seen, or interact with 'normal' people. The kidnapped participants are continuously called back for more alien hunts until they earn enough performance 'points' (gained by killing aliens) to become free
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The entire Gantz series plays like one big 'Twilight Zone' episode.... A giant metal sphere beams in people who have just 'died', and sends them off on a mission of hunting down and killing aliens. If they refuse to do this, or fail in their mission, they die. While on a hunt, they cannot be seen, or interact with 'normal' people. The kidnapped participants are continuously called back for more alien hunts until they earn enough performance 'points' (gained by killing aliens) to become free
    WOW!!! Thank you LenMiyata-garu for the summary. I have never in my life seen or heard of such an anime. It sounds super cool. I cannot wait to see it or read it.