View Poll Results: Are you In favor of gay marriage?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 48.44%
  • Undecided

10 15.63%
  • No

23 35.94%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage Is Extended Nationwide in Canada

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay Marriage Is Extended Nationwide in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Not everybody feels it has been ruined.

Also if it becomes trendy im leaving this planet.
    Ok perhaps, but tell me this. You believe that Hollywood with their average 12 month marriage life span and then their readiness to just go get married 3 months later after just getting divorced is not making a mockery out of marriage in the public eye?

And it's not just Hollywood. In Canada I found that one in 3 marriages end in divorce, and even though most remarry the remarriages usually end in divorce as well. And i bet most of them aren't thinking about the sacred union between a man and a woman, they are just thinking about themselves and deciding if they aren't happy they can just leave the marriage and find something better. That isn't what marriage is about, till death do us part is pretty much lost on these people.

And I would like to add, and maybe lessen the hysteria. Just because this bill is passed doesn't mean every Jon and Jane Doe homosexual will go out and get married to their partners for the hell of it. The majority of homosexuals will not get married, the ones who do, and from what I have read it's not a large percentage are ones who are in committed relationships and have been for years, and also those with children already. I don't know if it's a stereotype, but I have a male friend who is homosexual and very promiscuous, and in certain shows like queer as folk it shows over promiscuous homosexuals I am sure there are many homosexual men like that, and if you think these are the type that are going to get married and turn marriage into a sham, I can assure you that these types will not be the ones who are getting married. They can't be bothered and they like their current lifestyle they aren't going to change it because the government suddenly says it's okay for them to get married.

I'm not sure what is going on in some people's heads, but if you think homosexuals are lined up just to get married because they are suddenly allowed to your mistaken. In the other two countries with homosexual marriage the numbers of those marrying have declined significantly. The same will happen in Canada, the ones who wanted to get married in the first place will, maybe some who didn't will just to say they did. But for the most part it's not going to change marriage as we know it.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Newbie AlphaS.T.A.R.S.13 may be famous one day AlphaS.T.A.R.S.13 may be famous one day AlphaS.T.A.R.S.13's Avatar
    Thanks

Im new but is any one actuly gay? i am. but people cant help who they like. or love if your in love and you want to tak it to the next step buy a dog its just weird to try to get married.

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

.......*dies laughing*
    *ghost appears*
    Yes, leave it to Meiwaku to deduce the truth! Gay marriage changes NOTHING for the rest of us!
    God, I am so amused at all this...

Newbie GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Gay Marriage

I don't understand what the big problem is with gay marriage...In the Declaration of Independance, Thomas Jefferson clearly wrote our natural rights which were life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. SO why is the government interfering????If that type of sexuality makes people happy then let them be.I heard that Bush was against it beacuse he said marriage is for a man and a woman.He was also trying to make it law!Can you belive this guy he was putting discrimination into our law system by doing that....I really don't understand the problem...someone explain....

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay Marriage

You don't want to get me started on gay marriage! I don't see anything wrong with it either, but I don't want to sound lika a polotician, so i'll leave it at that.

Newbie VintageSyringe may be famous one day VintageSyringe may be famous one day VintageSyringe's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with gay marriage. I don't think they should get married in churches, and I'm Athiest and bisexual btw. But, the problem is that most of America just isn't ready for it right now, just like they won't be ready to accept a female president anytime soon. Also, it doesn't help that the majority of our government is Christian and firmly against homosexual marriage.
    Last edited by VintageSyringe; Jul 30, 2005 at 12:58 AM.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm non religious, so where it happens doen't matter to me. Although I do respect other's religions, so don't get me wrong. My view on gays in general is this; so long as they don't advertise it and don't try anything on me, I don't care. Just don't drop the soap!

Otaku Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, don't worry Guardian Angel1292. Bush is only saying that stuff because he holds the Bible in his left hand while ruling our country with his right one. I don't think he intended for discrimination and biases to enter with this whole thing, but it really did.
    I'm not really all that big on going to church. Religion has been pressed upon me by my adopted parents, so I'm not to enthused about it as I prolly should be.

"You can get hurt by loving someone, or you can stay alone by not ever loving someone. Which do you choose? Love always has its risks, but you should never fear them, for they are love's true test."

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast