View Poll Results: Are you In favor of gay marriage?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 48.44%
  • Undecided

10 15.63%
  • No

23 35.94%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage Is Extended Nationwide in Canada

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay Marriage Is Extended Nationwide in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Oh she edited it. It wasnt there at first.

No, I dont live in canada. Just commenting on the righteousness of the issue.
    If you don't live in Canada, what gives you the right to decide what She should do? Don't worry, I can't see our morals (or "lack thereof") affecting the US very much. I'm more worried about it happening the other way around, which is why I fear Conservative reign. I've said it once, I'll say it again. Canada isn't the melting pot that the US is.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siren
    If you don't live in Canada, what gives you the right to decide what She should do? Don't worry, I can't see our morals (or "lack thereof") affecting the US very much. I'm more worried about it happening the other way around, which is why I fear Conservative reign. I've said it once, I'll say it again. Canada isn't the melting pot that the US is.

No, I dont live in canada. Just commenting on the righteousness of the issue. I dont have to be canadian to comment.

Edit: By the way, my father was an alcoholic, both my parents smoked, my mother still drinks (though in moderation) and my siblings are drunken pot-heads. Guess what? I'm clean as a whistle, and have no desire to do any other those things. What MoonUnit said was right. You're upbringing has little to do with it. Also, her point about gay people having straight parents. Yay for someone who actually has an intelligent point.
    Dont having gay parents at least open you up to the idea a litttle more? As my parent being strait opened me to the idea of hetrosexual.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jun 29, 2005 at 12:14 PM.

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

It's intelligent because it's not being biased based on a personal opinion. It's intelligent because it's LOGICAL.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

hey let's stay on topic Gays should be married, cuz

AMERICA IS A FREE COUNTRY!
    Canada did the right thing in my eyz

besides the bill of rights protects them, so I only pray for this "problem" (Which it ain't) "to be solved very soon.
    Last edited by N.Y._Soulja; Jun 29, 2005 at 12:33 PM.
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Im kinda coservative. Dont I have the right to dissagree with gay marriage? How will marriage solve descrimination. To me its a moral issue. I cant believe in it from a moral standpoint.
    You are totally right, you HAVE the right to disagree, just as WE have the right to disagree with you Moral issue or not, morality is a very subjective thing when it boils down to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I don't agree with it either. It's not a matter of discrimination, it's a matter of concern for the traditional family. In countries in Europe where such legislation has been passed for years there has been a decline in any marriage at all. To quote one of the people (not?) involved, "why bother, it's not like it means anything?". When marriage ceases to be recognized as a tradition concerning parents and children it ceases to have meaning.
    That's some very good thougths and very good points when you take marriage in it's traditional sense. But to be recognized by the government as a legally married couple has more to with other things than JUST traditions these days. Which is why I agree with allowing Gays/Les to be legally married.

My question is, if their married in their own minds, why do they need to be reconized by the state?

To me it is immoral, thats my right to that opinion.

Take this over the top hypothetical situation:

What if all the redneck hillbillys decided to band together and push to be able to marry their cousins. Would you support this? No!! why because its morally wrong, as is gay marriage to me.
    Others have answered this post quite well.

Let me add this. Just because you view something as morally wrong does not mean that it is universally accepted as a moral wrong. I understand if these are your beliefs but what right do YOU have on everyone else to force them to believe what you believe? To make a law saying that Gays and Lesbians CANNOT be married means to force them to follow your same moral beliefs.

Now i'm Catholic...our Church asked us to each sign a petition against this very bill. Even though my parents signed it. I declined to do so. Although I do agree that Christianity teaches us that the only definition of marriage is that of the traditional union between man and woman, I don't agree with the fact that the Church decides that the rest of the world (or in this case the whole of Canada) must believe in this as well. Now I'll sign a petition regarding the banning of Gay/Les marriages from Churches or places of worship where the traditional definition of marriage is held, but i'm not going to deny people of a state/legal marriage and the legal benefits that come out of it just because I don't agree with their moral belief.

At first I was getting curious into looking into what the Conservatives could offer as a political platform for the next elections and possibly consider them as a good party...but after the past month and a bit of watching Harper speaking out of his ass (my own personal opinion), there's no way in a million years that I'd vote him as our country's leader. If they got someone else to lead the party, I might reconsider. But as it stands, if i didn't know better, I'd think Harper needs to get a check up with a psychologist. If he keeps up the "Because it is being passed with the support of the Bloc, I think it will lack legitimacy for a lot of Canadians"...he's gonna find his ass burned VERY badly in the next elections.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    .... When marriage ceases to be recognized as a tradition concerning parents and children it ceases to have meaning..
    Shit, I thought marriage was supposed to be a celebration towards people who care for each other and wish to note their love by devoting their lives to each other.

It has NEVER been about children. Modern religions uses that as an excuse. How is two people of the same gender going through a ceremony that a willing PRIEST/Head-figure(not forced, it isn't a law that they HAVE to do it, but there were churches here doing it before the acts passed anyway, you just couldn't get the paper work. Pegans have been doing it for ages with hand-fastings) performs going to affect the family unit?

It still has a meaning. Because they can't physically have children doesn't mean they can't raise them. Or is that wrong? Because g-d perhaps gave them the same phyical features and the gift of love they're crused in the eyes of a collective misinterpretation and discrimation.

I was really surprised by that statement Arrianna. Sorry to rant at you like that.

[J]

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jao
    It still has a meaning. Because they can't physically have children doesn't mean they can't raise them. Or is that wrong? Because g-d perhaps gave them the same phyical features and the gift of love they're crused in the eyes of a collective misinterpretation and discrimation.

I was really surprised by that statement Arrianna. Sorry to rant at you like that.

[J]
    Hm yeah i was surprised too, just because....what if a couple knew they could never concieve children (health issues) would their marriage be without meaning?
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Me, Personally, I don't belive in it. But I was raised beleiving in freadom of choice, so, all the power to them, and quite frankly, what people do in thier personal lives, is none of our damn business.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast