Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: General Knowledge Test

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

General Knowledge Test

Have a question that you don't know the answer for, you have come to the right post? Chemistry, Physics, Biology, general knowledge question, any questions in general, or mind-blowing riddles, ask them here. Also, post any intriguing stuff that you know that others might be interested in.

Let me begin: How many characters are there in the Japanese Language?

In my mother tongue, which is Telugu, we have about 2500 characters.

Some respect prefixes and suffixes in Sanscrit and Telugu:

1) -garu has the same meaning as the Japanese prefix -chan.

2) -sami (Lord or title given to a martial artist) has the same meaning as the Japanese prefix -sama.

3) -andi has the same meaning as -kun.

Suffixes:

4) Rei ________, in the blank space you have to put in a name, and it has to be a guy's name.

5) Mei ________,in the blank space you have to put in a name, and it has to be a girl's name.

Mostly teenagers and children use these suffixes, don't say these for elderly people.

Enlighten us, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by kedar; Oct 20, 2005 at 05:53 PM.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: General Knowledge Test

....wow... O_O

... a carrot can be used to take out a broken lightbulb. XD;;

(sorry, I can't offer much information... )

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

in South Africa, it's considered rude to open the door for a lady, becuz if someone is there who wants to kill you, he will instead aim for the lady... and that's not good...

also, in South Africa, it's rumored that if you sleep with virgin, you will be cured of AIDS, and we all know how that ends up...

also, in South Africa, "crap" is an equivilent to the "f-bomb" but there are certain words over there that the US would find VERY offensive, crude and vulgar...

::heart:: Abu Dhabi

ps: i'm not/never been to South Africa, but i talk to people who have been... and that's how the cookie crumbles

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

alright, since everyone is posting stuff they know I will post a question

anyone know where the term "boom shakalaka" came from?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    alright, since everyone is posting stuff they know I will post a question

I know it was an old rap song, but then after that they used it heavily in 'NBA Jam'. I can't remember who came up with it though...

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    Not sure, where did it come from?

Some info of Madurai. As most of you might know, there was warrior caste in South Asia (India) long time ago. But most don't know that there were several subdivisions to this Clan. I will name a few: The Monk Warriors (there are prohibited from killing, and only are supposed to protect), Element Warriors, of which there are seven subclasses: Water, Fire, Thunder, Darkness, Earth, Light, and Wind, and the Assasins, especially the Naga-sami gang. This gang was extinguished during the revolution. The anime story that I am is mainly based on this story about a monk warrior. I can assure you, it is going to be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi
    in South Africa, it's considered rude to open the door for a lady, becuz if someone is there who wants to kill you, he will instead aim for the lady... and that's not good...

also, in South Africa, it's rumored that if you sleep with virgin, you will be cured of AIDS, and we all know how that ends up...

also, in South Africa, "crap" is an equivilent to the "f-bomb" but there are certain words over there that the US would find VERY offensive, crude and vulgar...

::heart:: Abu Dhabi

ps: i'm not/never been to South Africa, but i talk to people who have been... and that's how the cookie crumbles
    Thank you for the info. The second is very funny and a crazy idea, thats why learn Genetics. Come on everyone, enlighten us with any interesting stuff that you know.
    Last edited by kedar; Oct 22, 2005 at 08:54 AM.

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummm....
    Did you know there was no turkey on the first thanksgiving?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I had been told that as well but according to an account written 20 yrs later by William Bradford they had wild turkeys in abundance. Since the Pilgrims own recipes include ones for turkey chances are they did. They also ate cod and bass, venison, duck and goose.

The Pilgrims' 1621 Thanksgiving<-link

The Truth About the Pilgrims and Thanksgiving<-link

Foods they didn't have however that we consider traditional are Ham, Sweet Potatoes-Potatoes-Yams, Corn on the cob, Cranberry sauce, Pumpkin Pie.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast