Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: George Romero's Land of the Dead

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    Too many Zombie movies this season. Undead...But this seems decent. Comes from creatoir of Day of the dead and dawn of the dead. Bot are excellent flicks. And zombies work together >.<
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've seen the trailer it looks good. When does it come out?
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    I think summer, 2005. But I gotta check.Maybe Fall
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    June 24

zombies that can actually swim and use weapons
    kinda like Resident Evil 4
    pretty badass

w00t
    [-_-]
    I love my girlfriend.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: George Romero's Land of the Dead

I saw the midnight showing yesterday with a couple of friends and i have to admit, i'm a bit let down....the film is a tad uneven. In retrospect the story and plot were kind of pointless and as a whole...the movie never went anywhere. Alot of plotholes, some VERY questionable acting throughout the picture. Awfullly predictable too. But, i have seen worse before *cough* House of the Dead *cough* and if you check your brain at the door you might enjoy it. On that note i strongly suggest this movie to gorehounds (like myself) seeing as how the movie was very explicit and almost reaching NC-17 style content. So as far as violence goes it lives up to the hype.. i will admit that! So i'd say either just go see it out of respect for George Romero or just go check it out for the hardcore splatter appeal. But it doesn't offer much else.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

Saw it yesterday and it was okay. I thought it was going to be a bit longer cause the other dead movies were pretty long. Anyway I liked all the zombie munching action though. Very explicit when they show a zombie/zombie eating at a person. This isn't related to the topic but someone brought a baby when I saw land of the dead. Who brings a baby to an R-rated movie?

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragn0r0x
    This isn't related to the topic but someone brought a baby when I saw land of the dead.
    Same thing happened when I saw it, but it wasnt just a baby, half the theather was full with small children (id say between 4-10 years old)

Saw the movie thursday(the 23 cause movies open on thursdays down here) it was actually pretty good, although a bit short. It was fun to see the classic zombies have their day. Id have to say that my two fav scenes were when the zombie whose head is hanging by his spine bites the guy, and when the zombies rise out of the river(imo, it just looked so cool)

Most of the movie's acting was good, especially from the zombies, and the so called zombie evolution (zombies remembering what they did in life and trying to do it) was a nice touch to a genre thats been overflowed.

About the zombies using guns, the idea was cool and how it was done seemed believable but it felt out of place.
    Evil is actually in my job description

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

It was an okay movie, I thought. I could tell that it was bit rushed, though. The explicit scenes of the feeding zombies was pretty cool, I thought. Although the idea of the zombies 'learning' seemed kind of out of place, and it should have been explained some, I thought it was good anyways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2