Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting to know you...

Newbie Caz-chan may be famous one day Caz-chan may be famous one day Caz-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Getting to know you...

Where do you come from? Are you still there now or do you live elsewhere? Tell us something about your city/town of origin!

I am currently living in Aberdeen , Scotland.
    I was born and raised in Stirling , Scotland and I have lived in England for a few years then I returned back to my hometown before moving to first Edinburgh and then Aberdeen for my University careers.

Stirling is famous for the Battles of Bannockburn and Stirling Bridge (you will have heard of them in reference in Braveheart or any historians here will know of it as being the old capital of Scotland), it still has the Wallace's Monument and Stirling Castle (I used to work in there!) with its really ugly and non-matching extended section but you certainly can't miss it!

Aberdeen has the oldest Scottish University campus, still using the classical older buildings (Kings College) for lectures and exams.

Im interested to hear about my fellow members and a lil bit about their heritage!
    (hover the mouse over some of the place names I have given, I have shoved a few pictures in!)

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Getting to know you...

I am Dominican, but I was born in NY, every now and then, my country has the oldest University, on the western Hemisphere. IT was founded on 1548. I left NY Augus 31st '04, to Tampa. I then left Tampa to Riverveiw Fl, on February. I was raised in Washington Heights NY. Very ghetto, I miss it. It is not really the best city, because it takes at least an hour to find a parking spot. I love how you can go all over NY, with an unlimited metro card.
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

mmm....those are some nice pics Caz, I sure would like to see Scotland one day (my mother is of scottish heritage) which makes me half Scot. But as for where i'm from.... i was born and raised in Los Angeles and i still reside here. I love my town, and will probably never leave.... i admit it is hectic, toxic, dangerous, and pretty hostile but as big of a cesspool that it is...it's my cesspool you know? My father is African American and originally from New York.... the Bronx Area if i remember correctly. My mother is originally from New Orleans and somehow they met up here in L.A.
    Last edited by narrator; Jul 06, 2005 at 05:34 PM.

Newbie Elfy may be famous one day Elfy may be famous one day Elfy's Avatar
    Thanks

well lets see.

Newcastle, Australia
    Newcastle is situated about 2 hours north of Sydney AUS. It's on the coast and basically has Australias biggest lake nearby. It's really quite a lovely place to be. It also has a lot if bushland nearbyy and is just like a big country town.
    *Signature WAY WAY WAAAAY too big, maximum size is 450x110, please make the neccessary ajustments. -AO Staff*

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

If anyone doesn't know by now, I'm Australian.
    I was born in Camperdown, which is in Sydney city and lived in Lilyfield (a surburb also very close to the city) until I was 4 years old. I remember nothing of Lilyfield through.

I'm currently living in Dundas Valley.... where I have lived ever since I was 4 years old. The place has nothing more than a primary school, a tiny row of 5 crappy shops, a soccer and a rugby field (which is RIGHT behind my house... very noisy) and a boy scout/girl guides hall. (Which is closed now I think)
    Despite the name of the surburb, Dundas Valley isn't in the middle of whop whop (ie: nowhere) it's actually only a 30 minutes train trip from the heart of the Sydney CBD. It's actually quite a nice surburb, it's quite and peaceful, but it's a bitch to get anywhere by public transport since it only has one bus that goes through it.

The two closest surburbs too me have a bit of history.
    Parramatta, which is a 20 minutes bus trip from my house, was the home of the first settlement in the country (1788). There's many old buildings and even an old farm from the 18th century (including the first ever Australian Government house) and it hosts the oldest licensed bar in all of Australia. ^_^
    Despite the history, it's still quite a crappy town, but it does have the largest shopping center in the Southern Hemisphere.

Eastwood, which is only a 10 minute bus trip from me, is home to the Granny Smith Apple (you know the green ones^^ Also the most common apple used for Apple Juice) and there's a festival held every year. I was even in the parade for it one year when I was 8.

I would some day like to live alot closer to Sydney city than where I am now, or in the Blue Mountains.
    Last edited by Hikari Sakurai; Jul 07, 2005 at 01:16 AM.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

I was born in California, and have lived here ever since, lol, umm, hoping to move to Japan after i complete college(graphic design) and save up some money, find a job if neccesary

Newbie williecwh may be famous one day williecwh may be famous one day williecwh's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, I'm currently in Glasgow, Scotland and will be here for at least a year to get complete my studies. My home country is Malaysia. Therefore, I'm from the east... I think Scotland is a nice place with it's cooling or rather cold weather. However, I do miss the nightlife back in Malaysia where people, doesn't sleep till 4-5 in the morning. Back in Malaysia, we could sit all night at a 'mamak' stall getting drinks as cheap as RM1.00 and chatting till dawn breaks...

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well I currently live in a tiny city in England called "Norwich" however most Americans I meet can only call it "Norch" but that does'nt matter, I was born in London but for some reason my family did'nt stay there for long, But I'm half Scottish on my dad's side, and I've been there many times, Oh and I lived over in Germany for about 6 months with my aunt....and thats about it!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast