Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ghost In The Shell

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    Seen the two movies (why everybody says one? The second one hasn't come out in the US?) and the SAC serie. Can't wait to see the second season (GITS:2nd GIG)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Just to provide some clarification here, the two TV series (SAC, and SAC 2nd gig) are affectively prequals to the first movie, with the Major still in charge. The first movie sets up the conditions for her 'disappearance' of her ghost into the net, with the second movie covering the aftermath of this on the other Section 9 team members...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    .... i am utterly speachless.... Ghost in the Shell is like, or maybe was, thee best anime of all time. Do you even know who Masamune Shirow is.... he's a fricken legend, a genius... even a God... maybe to extreme there.

Ghost in the Shell was thee most advanced anime for about 5 years running from release which was 1995, using the most advanced animation techniques available. Not only does it's animation make it so good but by the fact it's the movie to Masamune Shirow's master piece, his name itself give the anime meaning. Ghost in the Shell is simply amazing. For any Ghost in the Shell fans out there look into reading the Ghost in the Shell: Manmachine Interface series as that too is yet another master-piece, any fan of Masamune Shirow should know this, Also you all may want to look into the Intron Depot 1-4 art books.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Masamune Shirow IS a genius. Appleseed was his creation as well if I'm not mistaken.
    I've watched GITSAC and not only are the action and graphics outstanding, the storyline itself is magnificent. Watching every episode of it is like watching a mini-movie - the plots are always attention catching and the twists are truly remarkable. I have to say it is one of the greatest anime that I've ever watched!

Newbie BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eleonne
    Masamune Shirow IS a genius. Appleseed was his creation as well if I'm not mistaken.
    I've watched GITSAC and not only are the action and graphics outstanding, the storyline itself is magnificent. Watching every episode of it is like watching a mini-movie - the plots are always attention catching and the twists are truly remarkable. I have to say it is one of the greatest anime that I've ever watched!
    Uh-huh, Appleseed is another one of his creations. The story line of the anime's/manga's he write are just so complex and interesting. So different from the usual ones you see lying around, more of a cyber punk type. I kinda didn't like the intro animation to SAC though, when i first bought the DVD i remember thinking to myself "cool... hey wait... that's crap!" -lol- also was thinking about how that better now be the quality of animation throughout the entire series but was relieved when it started. Not one of his best pieces i think.
    Last edited by BlackDeath; Mar 11, 2005 at 10:36 AM.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eleonne
    Masamune Shirow IS a genius.
    His hentai automaticly gives him that title.

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hell YES! it is a huge thing how could any one not know of it? ^.^ I love major Kusanagi! She is really talented. (of course so would anyone with a super-enhanced cyber body)
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Thanks
    His hentai eh, for hentai it really is very impressive. As always the quality of his work shows, i mean if he can draw amazing characters with clothes on how hard is it to draw them with none on! Does the name 'Gal Hound' ring a bell for anyone?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast