Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ghost in the Shell era....coming soon?

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Ghost in the Shell era....coming soon?

What with the expansion and growth of A.I. and cybernetics these days, do you beleive that normal humans will become the minority one day? I have an interesting link i'd like to share with you....it's sort of far fetched in ways but alot of it is hard truth...so it's interesting nonetheless. It's a very long read....so i suggest grabbing a snack or something (or rum if u got it ) and then check it out..

http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20030816.html#beep

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I think that it will happen someday when human are few. I think we do need to decide what is going to happen and be prepared for the inevitable!
    I hope it is a really, really, really long away yet! I still have my life ahead me!!

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    The time is so very near, my friend. But Hopefully one day, they will make a machine to upload ourselves into the world we have come to know as the "internet" This would be a precourser to the abhorent technological prowess people, or something(s) will invent. All that is needed is one to start many, and Many to start on the ONE. Like with aviation. 100 years ago, we couldn't fly. Now we soar across the heavens, and visit the outer limits of space. Yet our existing technology has gone farther than any other human could.. so I welcome the day where the technological and biological becomes one in a glourious age.

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    I wonder if we'll discover that we have a "Ghost"...I read an interesting article in french on what is exactly the "ghost" from GITS (1 & 2, SAC and 2nd Gig).

Newbie Neo-Sapiens may be famous one day Neo-Sapiens may be famous one day Neo-Sapiens's Avatar
    Thanks
    A.I. today is very strong but only in DSS (decision support systems) and ES (Expert systems) and it can only make decisions by rules implanted by humans. The age of what r u talking about is too, too much far away when machines could make their own decisions. Have anyone of you read any book of William Gibson that kind of future isn't bright like in GITS. How things r going now i world more and more looks that future will be like in his books. (Neuromancer, All tomorow parties..)
    All of my heaven is filled with scars,
    so hate is my sword to walk to the stars...

Newbie jaiden may be famous one day jaiden may be famous one day jaiden's Avatar
    Thanks
    i agree with Neo-Sapiens on this. if its going to happen it is so far away as to not be worth worring about. the ai we are able to program only follows pre-pattered responces to come out with a conclusion, it does not think for its self. May be in teh far future when they have the ability to creat thought as apposed to logic patters, then we shall see.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    The AI age is very far away, the advances are very good, but we are still not even close to have an AI do and think on it own. We still have to input data from humans, the main project in AI right now is Face and Voice recognition in order to be used for security. A computer watches a security camera and can tell whats happening like the store being robbed or something, its actually pretty crazy

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow, what a depressing essay. To be honest, it did seem to contain alot of rather extreme opinions.

I'm well aware of the notion that one day machines and technology might replace alot of human functions, and that technology is rapidly advancing to the point where it could very well determin our own evolution... But even so, I believe that the human condition will endure as it can't be expressed numerically. Simply put, there are so many things that we as humans can never lose, like the desire to get to know oneself.

GITS shows the merger of Humans and Machine on every level. Not only in terms of cybernetics, as it eventually results in the birth of a AI/human offspring. While there are lots of horror stories that can come from such an idea, so say that such developments will be bad is hard to determine at this point. I find the idea of AI very exciting, and look forward to the time when it becomes a reality (so long as it is managed correctly), as it really can offer humanity alot of benifits.

To answer your question, I think 'normal' humans will become a minority one day. To say that we won't is to deny evolution, or to assume that we won't survive long enough to find out.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast